How do you handle the cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets?

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you handle the cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets?

683618120857757363-20 (3).jpg

Hello everyone 😊

Today, I would love to hear how you handle your bed linens and sheets!

This is an important part of creating a welcoming atmosphere for your guests.

• Some Hosts choose to manage laundry themselves, making sure to wash linens right after each guest checks out and keeping extra sets handy for quick turnaround. 
  • Others prefer to take a step back and use a professional laundry service to make things easier, especially if they have a lot of guests or properties.

What’s your approach? Do you prefer to handle it yourself, or do you like the convenience of outsourcing laundry? 🧺

I would love to hear why you prefer your chosen approach and look forward to reading about your experiences in the comments!

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
67 Replies 67

Depende la ocupación hago una combinación de ambas. Tengo stock suficiente para rotar entre estadía y estadía, cuando el recambio es muy frecuente, llevo todo a lavadero industrial que blanquea y plancha. 

Sino, prefiero hacerlo yo personalmente. 

___

Depending on the occupation I do a combination of both. I have enough stock to rotate from stay to stay, when the replacement is very frequent, I take everything to an industrial laundry that bleaches and irons.

Otherwise, I prefer to do it myself.

[Google translation added by OCM]

Hi @Agostina34 😊,

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Why do you prefer to do it by yourself?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Prefiero hacerlo yo por una cuestión de tiempos. 

Me organizo en horas libres para planchar y guardar.

También, garantizo el buen aroma de las mismas

Adnan114
Level 1
Nicosia, Cyprus

Hi, it’s done by my cohost as she hires a cleaning company charging 5JD/hour.

Hi @Adnan114 😊,

That's marvellous! 

Did she hire them for you? Did you approve them beforehand? I would like to understand this process better, it is very interesting!

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Anne-Kativo0
Level 1
Vantaa, Finland

Hi!  
I have a cleaner that does the laundry and ironing but sometimes when I have time I do it myself. At the moment I just have a 2 bedroom apartment so I think it’s easier to manage but with time, when I get extra  apartments might need to consider a professional laundry service.

Hi @Anne-Kativo0 😊

You have a good balance with your cleaner. 😍

How do you plan to handle laundry as you expand to more apartments? I see you’re not sure

about using a professional laundry service. Why is that?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Hi @Elisa !

Well I would say this would depend on the season, if we have a high turnover then of course using a professional laundry service would be ideal but if it’s low season I think I would alternate with the cleaner and also having several bedsheets in the apartment helps. You can change the clean ones and wash the dirty linens and iron them later.

I send all linens to a local laundromat where they are professionally washed. Once the cleaning lady finishes cleaning, she delivers the soiled linens to the laundromat. Either she or I pick up the cleaned linens afterward. The laundromat also offers a convenient pick-up and delivery service in case we don't have time to handle it ourselves.

Hi @Ana-Maria157 😊,

Thank you for sharing your approach here!

It's nice that the laundromat offers pick-up and delivery, making things easier.

How do you find the quality of their service?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Aljoša2
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

At the begining of each season, wheter winter or summer season we handle all by ourselves. This way all the sheets, towels, etc has to pass through our hands and we can see if any is damaged, has a hole, dirty or has spots. If we find something - we put it away and replace it. 
We do that also at the end of the season. 
In season we have a high volume of turnovers so we take it either to professional service or laundry service. 
However, every time that we can do it by ourselves, when we have little bit more time - we do it ourselves. This way we inspect it again. 
We have extra sets for every property and also some reserve. We managed to have everything in the same sizes (towels,  pillows, etc) so if it mixes - it's not a problem. Since we have 2 villas, 2 apartments and 2 city flats (yes, everything x2), it is very convenient to have similar bed linen, similar glasses, pots, etc... We even have 2 same pools so we don't bother about engine rooms and chemicals. 
Most of bedlinen is made of that material that you don't have to iron. 
Most of bedlinen is in sone color (not white). 
Keeping things simple saved us a lot of  time and nerves. 
I hope this helps someone. 

Hi @Aljoša2 😊

I’m impressed by your comment, you’re sharing such great tips!

I love that you’ve managed to keep things simple with similar items across your properties. 😍

Would you like to share a post in the community about this? If so, just click here to start a new conversation.

I’m sure this will help other Hosts!

Warm regards, 🌻

-----

Hello everyone, I manage the linen washing myself as, I only let out one double room. Aine. 😁

Hi @Aine3350 😊

Thank you for sharing your comment here!

How is it going? Do you ever feel overwhelmed while doing other tasks?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Ann41028
Level 1
Pocatello, ID

We launder all sheets and pillowcases after every stay. We use a duvet for the outer bedding and wash and change the duvet cover about every 3-4 stays. 
we have internal covers on the pillows and launder those about once a month.