How do you handle the cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets?

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you handle the cleaning and management of bed linens and sheets?

683618120857757363-20 (3).jpg

Hello everyone 😊

Today, I would love to hear how you handle your bed linens and sheets!

This is an important part of creating a welcoming atmosphere for your guests.

• Some Hosts choose to manage laundry themselves, making sure to wash linens right after each guest checks out and keeping extra sets handy for quick turnaround. 
  • Others prefer to take a step back and use a professional laundry service to make things easier, especially if they have a lot of guests or properties.

What’s your approach? Do you prefer to handle it yourself, or do you like the convenience of outsourcing laundry? 🧺

I would love to hear why you prefer your chosen approach and look forward to reading about your experiences in the comments!

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
66 Replies 66

@Ann41028 We wash the duvet cover, pillow cases, flat sheet, and towels after every stay. 

Hi @Ann41028 😊,

I am impressed, you have a detailed cleaning routine for your bedding!

How do you determine when it’s time to wash the duvet cover between stays?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Amy2895
Level 2
Grafton, WV

I hire a cleaning person. I usually work alongside her just to make sure all the little details are covered. As for laundry I usually do it myself, I maintain multiple sets of sheets and towels just to ensure I have enough if there are back-to-back bookings. I have found that your cleaning people focus on cleaning, so it is important that I as the host ensure the small details are covered, things like hand soap is filled, dish detergent is in place, and accessories are placed as I like them. It is important if you have a coffee station that it is adequately stocked.  

Hi @Amy2895 😊

Thank you for sharing your approach here!

I see so much work involved, my compliments! 😍

How many bedrooms do you rent?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

I have two bedrooms with the third set up as an office. It has a lounge chair in it that converts to a single bed

I handle the cleaning completely myself. It’s really important to me that the cleaning is of high standards and as I’ve been a cleaner in the past I feel I know my guests won’t complain if I handle it. 
I keep 2 sets of everything, everything gets stripped as I walk in the door and washing machine goes on. Second set goes on as first set washing. I have put a washing machine in unit. Hang them on line and worry about them when dry. My guests are then checking in on time and have all 5 star reviews for cleanliness. 

Alan1716
Level 2
Paignton, United Kingdom

Hi

I started out washing and pressing the bed linen myself, but I felt like I was spending my life pressing bed linen so now I've found a local laundry service where I take the bed linen. I am still washing the towels myself. Obviously this involves extra cost, but for me this is worth it and I can offset this cost against tax.

Having high quality linen helps and several guests have commented on the luxurious feel of the linen and the lovely comfortable beds. I have had to build up 4 full sets of linen to cater for multiple changeovers in a week. I started out buying White Company linen but have now switched to "Rise and Fall" which is similar quality but more economical.

Hope this helps.