How often do you replace pots and pans?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

How often do you replace pots and pans?

40129811-35.jpg

Having the right tools and utensils in the kitchen can make our lives so much easier. Although, pots and pans appear to be a pretty basic requirement in the kitchen , they are super essential to cook delicious meals and delicacies 😉 .

There exists variety of cookware ranging from stainless steel, non-stick pans, cast-iron to ceramic cookware and so on. All of us may consider different factors to choose one that suits best our budget and cooking requirements. However, despite all the initial considerations while buying these , like all tools, they can eventually wear out and may need replacing. 

So, we'd love to hear from our Hosts what factors do you consider while buying these basic tools like pans and pots? Do you use stainless steel, non-stick pans, cast-iron to ceramic cookware? How often do you replace your pots and pans in the kitchen? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

78 Replies 78
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@William2359 Looks like your guests prefer to prepare their meals in the listing itself instead of eating out ! Have you had to replace any kitchen amenities recently?

-----

Witt-Family0
Level 1
Evington, VA

Our kitchen is well stocked with several sets of pots and pans so we haven’t had to replace any so far. Our property also provides an Airfryer for guests convenience. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Witt-Family0 , looks like you take great care in providing kitchen amenities to the guests for a comfortable stay. 🌻 

How do you maintain these many numbers of pots and pans to ensure their durability?

-----

Similar to other responses I’ve read, most of our guests eat out. Or they use our grill. We use non stick pans, and have very little wear and tear but this is also year 2 for us with one property. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Will3684 , Haha, looks like many guests prefer to eat out instead of cooking meals by themselves in the listing while enjoying their stays.

Since you're in the second year of your hosting journey, have you identified any other listing or amenity areas that require regular maintenance or replacement due to regular guest usage?

-----

Wilbert28
Level 2
Trenton, NJ

I just purchased a 5 PC non-stick set because the old set was in bad condition. They were cheap. I didn't want to spend too much because the old set looked like an expensive set that were used too much and not cleaned. Guest vary, some good some bad. The bad ones damage property. So I don't mind purchasing a new inexpensive set once a year. 

Thank you, 

W Tribbett 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Wilbert28 , your comment sounds like a practical approach! 🌻 

Do you leave any house rules for your guests, about the usage of kitchen amenities or cleaning cookware?

Have you found any particular brands or stores that offer good quality at a reasonable price for these sets?

-----

Vidya29
Level 1
Bengaluru, India

I do not have a kitchen . But then the tea maker too my guests hardly use it once in a while..

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing @Vidya29 ! 🌻 Do you offer other amenities such as welcome snacks or drinks then? 

-----

Theresa698
Level 2
Perth, United Kingdom

Never! Unless I ruin one! I am the old fashioned type of Airbnb. I share my own stuff with guests. I have good quality which has lasted 40 + years. Of it ain't broke.... 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Theresa698 , it's interesting to hear that you usually share equipments and cookware with guests. Many Hosts have suggested in this thread to buy quality and heavy cookware for them to last longer. I'm really curious to know which type or brand of cookware you prefer?

-----

Hi ,

They never used them they are always eating out. 

Many thanks 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks @Zandile5 for sharing that guests usually prefer to eat out. Do you often recommend your guests any nearby restaurants or food places, you've already tried out and liked?

-----

Vladana1
Level 2
BG, Serbia

Replacement of pots and pans mainly depends on the quality and degree of damage, but it is usually for one year.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Vladana1 , It makes sense to check on the quality and degree of damage and replace as and when required. Do you inspect your listing once in a while if everything is in working condition?

Do you have a preferred brand or type of cookware that you find performs the best?

-----