How to select the number of guests for your listing?

Marta1792
Level 1
Naxxar, Malta

How to select the number of guests for your listing?

Hi! I have a new 1-bedroom apartment that I'm about to list on Airbnb. The bedroom has a double bed, and there's a sofa in the living room that's comfortable to sleep on because it pulls out. However, it's not an actual sofa bed with a mattress. My question is, how many guests can my Airbnb take? Is it 2 or 3? How do I advertise it accurately without being misleading?

Thank you!

21 Replies 21
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you,   @Lisa6912 @Karen232 @Maricarmen94 @Leslie810 @Liza3667 @Kim3331 @Latetia0 @Leslie1032 @Loren3156 @Linda553 @Elena4354 @Ana2038 @Maggie633 and @Mike-And-Jane0 😍 for supporting @Marta1792 's question. 

Hi @Marta1792 , you've received amazing support from experienced Hosts! Seems like they all agree to have the listing published for not more than 2 guests. How are you thinking to proceed with selecting the number of guests? 

I also wanted to share a little Community Center Tip ‌💡‌ : If you'd like to tag members in your comments, for them to get a notification of your message — simply press on @ in your keyboard, and the name of the person you are trying to share a comment with. It will help them to notice your message sooner!  😊 (In this case Marta ) 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Marta1792 I would list it for 2 guests, although as you have a sofa you might make exceptions for a third guest if the booking felt right and charge extra, but let them know it will not be 5-star sleeping arrangements and may a bit crowded.

I wouldn't advertise that you have a sofa that pulls out. 

Rose422
Level 8
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi Marta, 

Great question. I would say use a set of sheets and sleep on your sofa tonight, if it works, make it 3 and provide a clean set of sheets and a pillow for sleeping on the sofa for your guests. If it's not comfortable enough to sleep, make it 2. It's that easy. 

Rose. 

Kathleen13
Level 2
Carmichael, CA

I have 3 bedrooms with queen beds and 2 single beds in the loft so my house sleeps 8

Karen3592
Level 2
Santa Rosa, CA

Hi Marta, I always ask myself how comfortable I would be in situations regarding my Airbnb. I also wonder if my elderly parent would be comfortable on a sofa? You might want to think about that, then If you feel you would be comfortable on the sofa while two other people share the space then you could state that in your listing. Personally, I would not want to sleep on a sofa for more than one night. You could add in your listing that the sofa might be comfortable for a small child in case your couple needs a place for their child to sleep. I would not advertise for three adults. I hope this helps.

Karen

Liz6772
Level 2
Crestone, CO

@Marta1792 I agree with the other comments. List only the actual bed space, so in this case, one bed that fits two guests. 

Julie6037
Level 2
Erie, PA

I agree with others that you list # of people based on size of apartment and also how many people it can comfortably accommodate sitting and dining. I list mine as 6 comfortably but can sleep 9 just ask if needed. So you could say it sleeps 2 comfortably but can accommodate 3 adults max or 2 small kids just ask.