I have flexibility and options

Answered!
Karmin5
Level 1
West Lafayette, IN

I have flexibility and options

I want to buy a second home to Airbnb. It would be in a highly desirable vacation area in the Midwest. I am a single women who can enjoy just about any type of accommodation. But what should I buy to maximize my Airbnb experience. In other words maximize earnings. Of course I will keep in mind financing costs, expenses and most importantly Airbnb restrictions. Thank you 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Karmin5 To maximise your earnings just go for the biggest place you can afford. But really what you should be looking for is to maximise your return on investment. This is way harder to work out but  smaller places (and maybe multiple numbers of them) might give a higher ROI. It will totally depend on the specific market and what type of properties are in high demand.

In our case the ground floor comprises a 3 bed apartment the upstairs floor a 1 bed and a 2 bed apartment. The combined revenue from the top two exceeds that of the ground floor whilst the running costs of the two floors are similar.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Karmin5 To maximise your earnings just go for the biggest place you can afford. But really what you should be looking for is to maximise your return on investment. This is way harder to work out but  smaller places (and maybe multiple numbers of them) might give a higher ROI. It will totally depend on the specific market and what type of properties are in high demand.

In our case the ground floor comprises a 3 bed apartment the upstairs floor a 1 bed and a 2 bed apartment. The combined revenue from the top two exceeds that of the ground floor whilst the running costs of the two floors are similar.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Karmin5 

The only person who can answer that question is yourself.

You need to do your market research to see what sort of property is most likely to be in demand in that location and put together a profit and loss budget for specific properties you have in mind to estimate likely earnings 

bare in mind many markets are oversaturated and facing falling demand 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Karmin5 , 

Did you have a chance to look at Helen and Mike's comments?

Do keep us updated on how your research on buying suitable property going! 

Wishing you all the very best in this endeavour.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines