NYC local law 18

Sadequl0
Level 2
New York, NY

NYC local law 18

my home is two familly town house in queens. now my question is : I just got a call from NYC OSE few minutes ago. The Rep says as it is two family home you cannot host for entire apartment. You need to do it as a shared apartment/unit and only for two (2) guests and host needs to live in there. In all the process what Airbnb’s observation we don’t know yet. Because ose saying you can host only for 2 people but sometimes guests can come as a family with more people. What should I do now ????

It is my home,I bought it with my money,I pay mortgage,insurance and taxes. Everything I do, I repair, I maintain. Why NYC wants to control me for who should I allow in my home or not in the name of safety issues?? While unsolicited homeless / squatters dangerously sleeping in the private properties or in big co-op buildings hallway ?? City can’t provide any safety there !! People are becoming subway victims everyday, no safety there!! The home owners are doing fine with the short term rental. Rate of danger is very very low and nyc is trying destroy their(owners) life support in the name of safety issues. If really there is safety issues owners/ guests both can have use 911. I want my owner autonomy and rights. This is my constitutional rights how I want to live my life. Airbnb and coalitions and nyc govt.should do more research on constitutional rights. Government supposed to be for the people.The owners do their hardest work to keep their home safe and clean. If city look for the greater interest for only the so called citizen tenants, so city needs to build more and more apartments and make those available to the tenants. City already favors the tenants a lot. When tenants doesn’t pay, it takes longest time to evict them. Either tenants or city doesn’t pay owners. How ridiculous are rules of law. Many times tenant left the apartment without paying. I don’t want to run to court again and again!! Me and my spouse chronically sick and broke. STR at least could help us survive. Let me live, give me life , It is NYC’s responsibility whether they kill me or leave me on my way of living. However I need and ask for an legitimate litigation/settlement.

All reactions:

1 Reply 1
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Sadequl0 ! I'm so sorry to hear about this.

The Community Center is a global forum with Hosts from all over the world, which can sometimes make it a challenge to get in touch with local Hosts. There's a New York City Host Club you could join, I'm sure Hosts there are discussing this new legislation as well. You can find the Host Club here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/830896930840373.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen