Noise & smoking detector

Noise & smoking detector

Has anyone used the wynd sentry device to detect smoking and noise? 

3 Replies 3
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Ryan3559, the same question was asked by @Shane548 here.
Tagging her in the hopes to connect you both to discuss the wynd sentry device 🙏🏽

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Rachel2735
Level 2
Seattle, WA

@Ryan3559 I am also really curious! Right now it seems like our only option is to just buy an ozone machine. We have very clear no smoking anywhere policies and it just still seems to be happening! 

RJ8
Level 2
Daufuskie Island, SC

Yes, I have the Wynd Sentry, which I bought after the second incidence of Airbnb refusing to pay out a smoking related cleaning fee and one incidence of evicting a smoker.  Working with airbnb's host protection insurance team and airbnb's host support was time consuming, frustrating and I quit hosting through Airbnb as a result of airbnb's  poor customer service.  It was the company that did my last clean up after a smoking guest that suggested I buy this Wynd Sentry.  Wynd's customer support has been very slow, but I have evicted a long term tenant I found through furnished finder (not Airbnb) based on a report that recreational smoking occurred with a 97 % probability.  I found this forum while looking for any info about a report with 87% probability which I received this morning, 15 minutes before the airbnb guest in my master suite came out of his room for coffee.  He does not smell of vape or smoke and there is no smell of vape or smoke in his room.  The Wynd Sentry is located in the living room, just 15 feet from the master suite he is renting.  He is a smoker, but promised not to smoke on the property.  I contacted Wynd for guidance but they don't have any real time chat or phone number I can call.  It turns out I have to send them an email and they will get back to me...  Now I am looking for anyone who can help me understand this situation.  For now I think I will reset the sentry.  It seems to require I remove the device from the app and then set it up as a new device.  Then I will move the device right into the guests bedroom.  the device was not in the guests bedroom, because in the dark the flashing teal lights are unpleasant.  When I put the device back on the app I hope to have the flashing teal lights change to a steady green light.  Then I will put the sentry back in the master suite.  I will wait until the guest rises to make my breakfast, or I will eat something that doesn't require cooking to remove the possibility that the sentry is registering the kitchen particles instead of the 87% possible recreational smoking...