Pillow Sham Problem

Patti272
Level 3
Aledo, IL

Pillow Sham Problem

Hello all! I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes: In the bedroom of our Airbnb, I have a nice bedspread and it has pillow shams that match it. About 80% of the guests are sleeping on the shams instead of taking the pillows out of them. How do I convey to them to please take the shams off? I think only a fraction of them actually read the house  manual, so I can put it in there, but most probably won't see it. Should I pin tags to the shams, kindly telling them what to do? Maybe people don't know what pillow shams are? lol 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Patti272 I dontknow what a pillow sham is but if you can't sleep on it then I suggest you get rid of it.

Amanda2566
Level 2
Panama City Beach, FL

Hi so we have pillow shams on pillows on most of our beds, plus we have extra pillows with pillow cases on them. 
Guest do sleep on them and if it is too much to have cleaners to throw in the washer during the clean, then we have pillow cases to replace the shams for the next guest. 
Hope this helps. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Patti272   Modern guests do not know the difference between a sham and a pillowcase.  They will sleep on whatever they find the pillow in.  They will even sleep on your decorative throw pillows.  No messages are going to rectify this.

Every pillow in my property is in a washable replaceable cover.  It took some time to find pillow cases that complemented other decor as I like a “dressed” bed, but I did.  Since those early days I have purchased comforters that had matching sheet sets or pillowcases, and I use duvets and washable shams.