Real Plants or Fake Plants: Which do you prefer for your listing?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Real Plants or Fake Plants: Which do you prefer for your listing?

Plants Airbnb.jpg

Hello, fellow plant lovers 🍃❤️

I just love having plants all around my house. Orchids in my office, Peace Lily in my living room, even a Senecio plant in my kitchen. It's just so relaxing and makes my home feel alive 🌿.

But, let's be honest, keeping them healthy and looking good can be hard work. That got me thinking, maybe some of us prefer to have fake plants that still make our homes look nice but require no maintenance.

So, what do you think? Do you like caring for real plants or do you prefer hassle free with fake plants? And if you have a favorite plant (fake or real), would you mind sharing a picture?

Can't wait to read your thoughts.

Paula 🌴

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

44 Replies 44
Kathy1293
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

I prefer real plants, so, if I don't have the time or ability to tend them I find other means of decorating with natural elements...such as wood features, dried flowers, feathers, or eucalyptus leaves for a touch of warmth.

The real thing!  It's easy for me as I take care of our rental on the farm. I also do fresh flower cuttings in the summer. In the winter, I arrange fresh flowers from the grocer.  If you are worried about higher upkeep, then go with succulents or no plants at all.

There is nothing worse than dusty fake plants! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Kathy1293, I find your approach to natural elements fascinating 😍, and I'm very interested in learning more about it. For example, how would you recommend using feathers? I've been envisioning something like this, but I would love to hear your opinion.

feather-wall-hanging-DIY.jpg

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Real plants outside and fake inside. I can't take care of the plants all the time so fake ones can look good all the time inside while the weather takes care of the plants outside if i can't. 🙂

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Great strategy @Jasper70, Do you have any suggestions for outdoor plants that are likely to thrive under different conditions, such as rain and sun?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

-----

Always real... everywhere!

Yuri334
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Of couse real ones are always nice to have, but I prefer having fake ones as well along with them for different type of decorations. 🙂

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hey @Yuri334 I like your perspective on using fake plants to have more decoration options. What is your favorite fake plant? Do you have any pictures? I would love to see them since I'm currently exploring new decoration ideas.

-----

Yasaman3
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Real plants for outside landscaping and fake plants for interior decor. 🙂 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Great combination @Yasaman3.I can imagine the amazing plants you can have considering the weather in Florida! 😍 Do you have a favorite one?

-----

Thank you so much! 
our favorite is Hibiscus 🌺flower plant and obviously queen palm trees 🌴🌞

Shelley415
Level 1
Rocheport, MO

Hi Paula,

I am a plant person inside and out!  All real, they are good for the air and calming!

thanks for your picture, beautiful!

my best to you

Shelley

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Shelley415Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I've seen some beautiful plants to have outside, but I'm still trying to get some for my balcony. Here, I'm sharing my first one. Do you have any suggestions for plants on balconies?

IMG_1594.jpg

-----

Travel-Luxe0
Level 1
New York, NY

Real it's worth the effort one of many gifts GOD has given us..that works in tandem with all his creations .