Selling my condo, transition process is just dumb

Selling my condo, transition process is just dumb

Posted this to ABB feedback, but posting it here as well.

Probably selling one of my condos and checked with ABB about how to transfer reservations. The response was basically 'Cancel the bookings. Cancel them ALL!'

This is complicated and stressful for everyone. It means the booking gets cancelled outright which is super stressful for guests. (According to ABB if I have the sale paperwork, the cancellations don't affect my Superhost status, so it's not a big deal on my end but it sucks for the new host and guests)

There really should by an easy way of allowing the new/old hosts to send an email to the guest announcing the changeover and giving them two buttons: 1) Rebook  - instantly and easily transfers the booking to the new host/listing or 2) Cancel - which cancels the booking. That would give the guest some agency over what happens and allow hosts to gracefully hand things over.

I get not wanting to force guests to book with a new host but I don't see how forcing hosts to cancel everything helps anyone.  It's frustrating they don't have a better solution.

16 Replies 16

Helen@ 744 also seriously  its your problem not the new hosts as maybe they can trade out of it if Maui is so packed full of people wanting the booking.Add your bit on the top because that is what you are after I reckon ring your guests that you say you care about dont begrudge the money you are maybe putting in someone elses pocket . Put your big boy pants on and motor. You snooze You lose H.

Hi James and all,

Thank you for your feedback on this aspect of the platform. I know that selling, or buying, a property comes with a lot of admin and stress already, and I can see why you're looking for additional support. I will make sure to pass on your suggestions to our teams.

Best of luck with your sale and your future endeavours,

Catherine

@James207 @Helen744 @Pat271 @Laura2592 @Kelly149 @Sarah977 @Andrea4731 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Gordon0