Support with my listing

Support with my listing

Paula_0-1724962024720.jpeg

Hello everyone,

My name is Stella. I’ve been on this platform for about two months, but I haven’t had any success with clients throughout the summer, with over 200 views on my listing, I will be having my first client tomorrow. However, I would really appreciate any advice that will improve my listing for clients. Thank you!

Link:Home in Fayetteville · ★New · 4 bedrooms · 4 beds · 2 baths

[Content modified by OCM]

29 Replies 29
Laura7046
Level 2
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

That is a beautiful place and the price seems good. Your photos are very professional looking. Very inviting!

You don’t seem to have many rules listed. Airbnb gave me some specific tips on things that I would expect the guest to pay for if they don’t follow the rules. For instance, they said that if the guest doesn’t follow the hot tub rules and they ruin the water rendering it needing to be drained and cleaned, I have to state the fee they would be charged. So the drain, clean, fill and water balance charge by the hot tub company of $300+ is clearly outlined, as in the septic tank service call if they flush something they should not. They said you can’t enforce saying there would be an extra fee for if you don’t  state what that fee is. I thought that was excellent advice!

Have you viewed your local competition and their prices to base yours on? How many other places are listed close to yours? What do they have to offer?

Can you add more categories of local things to do and places to go in your guidebook?

@Laura7046 thank you honestly I have been thinking about how to provide security for my property in any event any of the above listed occurs thank you for the helpful tips!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you so much @Laura7046 @Kristi2448 @Liam2856 @Lois508 @Lisa5594 @Loredana-Mihaela0 for offering immense support to @Stella743 . Appreciate your wonderful responses so much 😍

I am tagging @Stella743 to this conversation on your behalf, for her to notice the brilliant ideas you've shared!

Here's a little Community Center Tip 💡: To tag members in your comments, simply type "@" followed by their name. This ensures they receive a notification of your message! 😊

Hi @Stella743 , many experienced Hosts have shared some amazing ideas with you! Looking forward to hear how you think about it😄

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lan2
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

It's very nicely done! I can't see the rate. I guess you could offer a good discount for new guests in certain time period and put that discount in the title...

Lissette72
Level 2
Fairfax, VA

Hi @Stella743 , here’s a few suggestions: 

- I would change the name of the listing and mention the game room. Something like “Spacious Villa w/Game Room | xx min to Airport”

- you can sleep more people with your bed configuration. I would say two people per room, so 8 or 10 people. 

- you need a better description of your space. Not only of your house but also of your location. Think about who would rent your space. Why would someone want to stay at your house. What is attractive about it? Are you close to anything fun? Do a search for other airbnbs nearby and see how they describe their space. If you struggle with this, try using ChatGPT to help you draft something. You can give it details like number of rooms, amenities, location, etc and ask it to write you something. There are also people on Fiver that write Airbnb descriptions very cheaply. 

-most important one, invest in hiring a photographer that does real estate listings. Your pictures don’t do your house justice and you have a ton of pictures of things that don’t make any sense. Example: slightly open door, microwave, stove top, random lamp.It’s hard to tell what is where. You also have pictures of the same thing, one with lighting and one without.

Your pictures should be a walkthrough of your home. You want pictures that show the entire room. Also your beds need to look very neat in pictures (smooth linens, minimal wrinkles). A photographer that does real estate pics or one who specializes in airbnbs would do wonders for your house. 

I bet you would see a huge difference with some of these tweaks. 

Thank you! @Lissette72 wonderful helpful tips, I appreciate!

Hi @Stella743 ! You have a beautiful and fancy home. I would highly recommend getting professional photos. They are less than one night’s stay for your home. Or at least turn on every light in every picture. Though the home is big and spacious, it looks a bit dark in the photos. 

Are you using variable pricing like Pricelabs?  You can customize to your relative availability vs comparable STR’a in your area. I would also increase to allow at least 2 people per bed for your maximum. 

Change your leading photo to one of the living room or dining room to show the feel of the place. 

identify who your ideal guest group is and write the description catering to them. What will they do in the spaces in your home? What do you love most about the home? 

I agree with the others on pricing. Lower it enough to get a few bookings but not so low as to attract the wrong guests. I would rather have fewer guests at a higher price than just put “heads in the beds”. 

Best of luck! I just started a few months ago and it’s exciting once you get on a roll. 😁

Yes yes!😁 thank you for the helpful tips! @Lisa9390

Beautiful listing, however, what is key to your area that people come there for? For instance, Fishing, hiking, etc. I'd recommend trying to find pages on FB, social media that support what is key in your area and share your listing on their FB pages. I hope this helps. 

@Lindsey470 yes it does! Thank you so much for your helpful tips!

Kris4964
Level 2
Kissimmee, FL

Nice listing,  but too many pictures for me and the cost per night is kinda high I would reduce until my bookings picked up and then adjust after I have some bookings and reviews. I would use a better cover picture as well too. Best of luck! 

Hi Stella - I think the home is beautiful but many of the photos do not do it justice so I really think it would benefit you to get your marketing dialed in. My husband and I own a real estate media and photography company. These photos do not look professional so you may consider a reshoot with someone used to doing short term rental photography. Many of them are dark and some are at weird angles or crooked. Also is there a backyard space? I didn’t see this in your listing. Some chairs with a firepit and string lights would help and maybe add a sauna and/or hot tub if you can. Hope this helps!

@Laurel-And-Mark0 yes! Absolutely thank you so much, this is very helpful Laura

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Stella743 

Just some ideas

It says lake access and view but no pictures and your description talks about restaurants and shopping.  Your cover photo, sorry, for me doesn't say luxury waterfront.

If you have va hot tub fix the picture its a bath tub.

Do you have  1 or 2 living rooms?  Is there a seperate game room or part of the living room your captions say the same items in two different rooms.

Confusion can be why many views but no inquiries.  Confusing listing and new can make guests too nervous to chance being the first.

@Marie8425 thank you this is very helpful tips. I will make necessary update.