The dashboard should go to the trashcan

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

The dashboard should go to the trashcan

I always try to avoid the dashboard, a place where old inquiries staring at me without an option to remove them, a place wher annoying robots are telling me "i should allow pets in my home" to get more reservations and other useless information, which only clutters the screen. Simply replace the dashboard by the multicalender or the list of reservations and save a space on the top-menu.

13 Replies 13

@Emiel1  One feature I've always pushed for - to no avail - is "Turn Off Suggestions."  Visiting the dashboard now is like trying to play a computer game that's permanently stuck in Tutorial mode, except the tips aren't even helpful.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I just love how my dashboard continually reminds me, just in case I never noticed, that I haven't followed 87% of their suggestions. And I never will.

I honestly could never understand what anyone used the dashboard for, as I could find all the info I needed by going directly to the calendar, transaction page, etc.

Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

@Emiel1 You can remove the inquiries from your dashboard although without having one to remove I can't remembers how I do it. But yes I agree. I will never allow pets because I don't want to have the liability if they get hurt. I also will never add crib because I have not baby proofed my airbnb. Airbnb PLEASE stop asking me. What annoys me even more is that they want you to add these items but don't provide the necessary safety requirements and necessary steps to protect babies and pets when allowing them in your home. Recently a guest had an $800 vet bill because a host had rat poison in the home. I would have know better than to put DECON in my pet friendly listing but some may not. Then it becomes your liability because even though airbnb gives each host liability I have never heard of an instance when they actually provided it. Anyway, yes I would love it if I could easily access my calendar with out having to click 3 times to get to the month view. That would be much more useful. 

@Jillian115  yes, we can remove it.... by archiving them one by one! Another time-consuming useless task. Like we are bored and have nothing else to do.

@Emiel1  I agree, hosting dashboard is totally useless to hosts.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

On the topic of useless messages.... 

I just received this from Airbnb

Ok, I know it's just a "bot" Indiscriminately sending messages to help more accurately classify the property, but it also sends a message that Airbnb is a bit disconnected.

To explain... Our current property type (villa) is a spot on match for the property. Suggesting that I should use a different property type not only would defeat the purpose of accurately categorizing it, but indicates Airbnb just isn't on the ball about it. 

There may be a better property type for your place

When your property type is accurate, guests can easily find what they're looking for and know what to expect when they arrive at your place.

The property type you currently have selected for your listing, Exclusive winter getaway: Villa Son Gat Mallorca, is:

Villa
A luxury home that may have indoor-outdoor spaces, gardens, and pools.

However, there may be a better property type for your place, such as:

Residential home
A home that may stand-alone or have shared walls.

@Elaine701you should suggest to Airbnb not to offend you and your villa

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Oh, please... 

This is very much like the "smart pricing". It appears completely random and disconnected. Airbnb always recommends prices that are as little as 1/3 our asking price, that it's routinely booked for. Is that based on some statistics you've gathered? Because your statistics gathering is clearly flawed. And it's recommending a loss of up to 60% of your potential commission, too. 

Our prices really aren't that high. There's far more expensive places in our circle. I can only imagine what those hosts think of Airbnb's "smart pricing". And other messages like this. 😳

It's about the impression it gives. It makes Airbnb appear disconnected from the business they're in. And that doesn't exactly foster trust. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Emiel1 

I like your idea about MULTI CALENDAR and RESERVATIONS on the dashboard page.

I would like to see last received messages from GUESTS (not Airbnb) as well.

Any other suggestions?

Let's vote.

@Jillian115 @Sarah977 @Anonymous ?

Denice0
Level 10
Placitas, NM

We don't need all this unnecessary information, but when we need the required / important  information, it should be available.  I've been travelling as a guest, and the host sent check-in information the morning of check-in, and it was hidden by Airbnb!  The address to the property and the Host's phone number were all hidden.  Luckily I had copied all this information down after booking.  It would have been convenient to get this info on the morning of check-in on my mobile device.  I'm sure the host had no idea the message was being blocked.  I later checked on my laptop and all the information was there, but not on my phone.  I have no idea what information Airbnb is sending to my guests.  I certainly would not trust automated messaging.

@Denice0  is it possible you were not logged in with your phone and that's why the address and the phone were hidden?

No, I was messaging back and forth with the host and a login was never requested.  The only information that was hidden was the address, host phone number and the code for the door entry.  Only the numerical numbers the host had sent me were blocked (Phone number hidden by Airbnb).  Probably just another glitch.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 I quite like the dashboard although I am unclear if I have the latest version. It becomes second nature to ignore the opportunities which makes them suitably redundant. Perhaps when Airbnb recognise this they will suggest things for a while and allow you to say no at which point they go away.

I think we should suggest enhancements for phrasing for instance

1. You've been a superhost for years with an almost 5.0 rating. Recently a guest said there was dust on your baseboards (there wasn't) and a cobweb outside the porch. She rated you a "3" - We at Airbnb suggest you change your listing to "Hovel - one step below a homeless encampment!" to more accurately reflect the growing trend of nitpicking OCD guests. We bots at Airbnb suggest our hosts underpromise and overdeliver!

2. Recently a guest was reported to us as inviting 30 people in your one bedroom shared-home space. Although you complained about the non-compliant activity and called the police to evict them - We at Airbnb suggest you change your listing to "Event Space" to more accurately reflect guest usage. Kaching!

3. Recently guests left your place damaged including human and food waste and many stolen items. We at Airbnb suggest you change your listing to city dump and thrift store to bring in more business.

4. Although you may think your 2,000 square foot 4 bedroom home is a steal, we suggest pricing similar to nearby listings with fake teaser rates only available on Wednesdays. Try lowering your price from $300 a night to $9.99. As with grocery stores, volume makes up for the lower price on the back-end.

Thank you for choosing Airbnb. We care enough to send only the very best in unverified guests with entitlement issues and non-working credit cards.

How about those? (I'm being facetious but good lord those dumb suggestions popping up are driving me crazy).