Toiletries

Answered!

Toiletries

Hello Airbnb hosts! My husband and I just started a body care business specializing in soap bars. I was wondering if anyone was interested in providing their guests with our "guest sized" soap bars to potentially enhance their stay at your location. I'm not sure if this is allowed but I figured I should ask anyway! 

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Angel7006 

Hi Angel, I love your entrepreneurial spirit setting up your own business and striking out to find a client base.....good on you.

This community does not, in general, allow advertising. Although it allows some personal advertising like co-hosting offers, local listing cleaning enquiries,  community meet-ups and such. The problem is, where do you draw the line? Once you allow a few advertisers to bring their paid expertise here, the community centre gets flooded with promotional material because we are seen as a substantial potential client pool. 

So for that reason you will not have access to Community Centre contributors details and it is possible that the Centers moderators may delete this post of yours.

It's nothing personal Angel, we just don't want to open the promotional floodgates!

Having said that, if you expect hosts to be interested in what you offer you don't give any profile information which makes your question a bit nebulous. You would need to provide some information on where you are based, what sort of geographical coverage you are prepared to service and what purchase options you offer before you will get any responses.

Also remember, a picture tells a thousand words, potential customers want to see some sort of pictorial evidence of what you are offering to asses if it will blend with the ambiance of what they offer..

A couple of points to consider from a host perspective Angel.

Running an Airbnb listing has to be as cost effective as possible and, in general, soaps and shampoos are condiments that most in the hosting community don't want to spend a lot of money on. This is why in hosting there has been a big swing towards liquid soap dispensers.

Both pricing and appearance Angel will need to be attractive to appeal to anyone other than the high end of the market.

The other point I would make, I have noticed over the past 6 years a trend away from heavily perfumed products......soaps, air fresheners, essential oils and diffuses. 

Any fragrances will need to be subtle and natural to have  broad appeal.

I do wish you all the best with your venture though Angel, I hope it goes well for you.

Cheers.........Rob

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Angel7006 

Hi Angel, I love your entrepreneurial spirit setting up your own business and striking out to find a client base.....good on you.

This community does not, in general, allow advertising. Although it allows some personal advertising like co-hosting offers, local listing cleaning enquiries,  community meet-ups and such. The problem is, where do you draw the line? Once you allow a few advertisers to bring their paid expertise here, the community centre gets flooded with promotional material because we are seen as a substantial potential client pool. 

So for that reason you will not have access to Community Centre contributors details and it is possible that the Centers moderators may delete this post of yours.

It's nothing personal Angel, we just don't want to open the promotional floodgates!

Having said that, if you expect hosts to be interested in what you offer you don't give any profile information which makes your question a bit nebulous. You would need to provide some information on where you are based, what sort of geographical coverage you are prepared to service and what purchase options you offer before you will get any responses.

Also remember, a picture tells a thousand words, potential customers want to see some sort of pictorial evidence of what you are offering to asses if it will blend with the ambiance of what they offer..

A couple of points to consider from a host perspective Angel.

Running an Airbnb listing has to be as cost effective as possible and, in general, soaps and shampoos are condiments that most in the hosting community don't want to spend a lot of money on. This is why in hosting there has been a big swing towards liquid soap dispensers.

Both pricing and appearance Angel will need to be attractive to appeal to anyone other than the high end of the market.

The other point I would make, I have noticed over the past 6 years a trend away from heavily perfumed products......soaps, air fresheners, essential oils and diffuses. 

Any fragrances will need to be subtle and natural to have  broad appeal.

I do wish you all the best with your venture though Angel, I hope it goes well for you.

Cheers.........Rob

Hello sir, I HIGHLY appreciate your feedback and just taking the time to respond back with such detail. I will be taking all of your advice moving forward with my small business and hopefully do better in the future. Thanks!