Washing machine detergent

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Washing machine detergent

What do you do to preserve and to prevent theft of washing machine substances?
I supply the giant bottles of Ecos with the thinking that they are 2 in 1 and should last 250 loads. Non-allergenic, cost efficient etc.
My cleaner says that guests go through it like water. They either pour way too much (it is very concentrated, you need a little) or even suspects some guests take some with them.
I am thinking if I provide tablets, they are even easier to waste/take home.
Are smaller bottles a solution? If you take a lot from small bottle you feel like it is more obvious?

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Obviously decant into smaller bottle @Inna22 so there is enough to last a wash or two.

You could give two pods, how many you put depend on you
I put dollar tree detergent so never got stolen 😂 but some people still using whole bottle sometimes 

Iolanda54
Level 3
Galveston, TX

I use the pods, tide, etc. I leave ample amount depending on number of days they stay.  2-3 day stay 2-3 is sufficient. I have not had a theft issue with leaving a small container of washing detergent pods.

The same goes for toliet paper, (2) rolls, paper towels (2 rolls) for 3-4 day stay is sufficient. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Inna22   I find that smaller bottles that I can refill from a larger bottle are best.  It gives the guest enough hand soap, detergent, dish soap, etc. for their use while in situ.  

If I put out pods, I only put out a max of 10 for the washer and the dishwasher.  My guests are usually 4-7 nights.  

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Inna22! As I was going through the thread, I noticed many Host members suggest using smaller containers or leaving only the amount that would be required as per the length of the stay.

Have you already implemented any of these suggestions? or managed to come up with a unique solution?

Do keep our members posted on what you decide. We would love to hear your insights and take on this one!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines