What have you learned from other hosts that you put into practice?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

What have you learned from other hosts that you put into practice?

PC0452_Ines-0944.jpg

Hello everyone! 👋

Engaging with other hosts to learn best practices and applying them to their own listings is a great way for hosts to improve the service they offer.

These interactions can happen in various ways—whether as guests, noting details we’d like to implement in our own space, by reading discussions in our community, or by attending workshops on hosting services.

With that in mind, What have you learned from other hosts that you’ve put into practice? Is there anything specific you’d like to highlight?

Looking forward to reading your thoughts and experiences in the comments.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

1 Reply 1
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Paula , 

I’ve received some strange inquiries lately. One person asked if the bedrooms are close to the pigsty, which was amusing because we don’t have pigs—or even piglets. I had thought about bringing in goats at one point, but the gardeners, who have been working here for the last 40 years, voted against any idea that would undo their hard work.

I was tempted to respond with: “Since we have a pool with crocodiles, the pigs aren’t a problem anymore,” an idea I got from another host. But in the end, I stuck to my manners and simply replied that we haven’t had pigs here for many years.