What things have guests specifically told you they enjoyed about your space?

Ashley1808
Level 1
Evansville, IN

What things have guests specifically told you they enjoyed about your space?

New to hosting - Just looking for general tips as a new host. I am renting out my grandmother's side of her duplex for her because she moved into assisted living. I've purchased new bedding and bathroom items like towels and rugs. What things have guests specifically told you they enjoyed about your space? 

[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

5 Replies 5

Hi Ashley,

Here is my 1 page crash course... message me if you have any questions and I will be happy to share!

• People want an experience.
  • No Detail is too small.
  • Clean is key!
  • Quality & Design Matter-use other homes you like and copy the style or room-make the whole home style cohesive.
  • Bookings increase if people can bring their pet.

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

@Ashley1808 , the items most noted and always receiving a 5 star is our unit being clean and clutter free. Next, is location (safe/beautiful neighborhood ) and easy check in (self check). Our listing does not allow pets and only accommodates 2 people max. Make sure you have your house rules in place and I strongly suggest an outdoor camera (also make sure this is disclosed per Airbnb guidelines). 

Best—

Our unit consistently earns glowing 5-star reviews, with guests highlighting the spotless cleanliness and clutter-free ambiance. Additionally, they appreciate the prime location in a safe and beautiful neighborhood, along with the seamless check-in experience through the convenience of self-check-in. It's worth noting that our listing strictly adheres to a no-pets policy and accommodates a maximum of 2 guests. To enhance security, we strongly recommend installing an outdoor camera, ensuring compliance with Airbnb guidelines. For more details and bookings, visit **

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Tatania1
Level 2
Hong Kong

I think the maid / cleaner is the key person for air B&B. So make sure you have back up cleaners to rely on - ideally you want pics once they have finished and you need to double check yourself too. or pay someone to do this.  My guests aren't really bothered about the teas, coffees etc for some reason.  My space is loved, the view, the beach is not cluttered and its clean.  If your space doesnt have this you may need other bits to make it stand out.. have a scroll through other places in your area and see who is a superhost and the ratings V the finish V the guest reviews.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Ashley1808   I took a brief glance at your listing -- about the same amount of time a perspective guest would spend. You may wish to advertise as a bit "shabby chic, reminiscent of visiting relatives".  One of the things my 1937 cabin used to get dinged on was the fact that it was not modern, sleek and attractive to younger travelers until I removed the "mountain cabin" decor and went heavily IKEA.  You may get comments on the grandmother look.

Otherwise -- Squeaky CLEAN right down to the baseboards.  Cannot stress that enough.  Invite a few friends over to review the cleanliness, suggest minor decor changes and what to pack up for sentimental safekeeping.  

Amenities such as a smart TV, excellent internet service, USB or type C outlets designed for charging phones and other electronics, Keurigs, french presses and regular coffee makers, instant pot, large microwave, mid-range silverware, dish sets and decent pots and pans --

Give some thought to what you have of your grandmother's that meets that "aha, we have a whatever" moment, and what could be interpreted as supplied from a flea market (mismatched dishes is high on this No list) or useless clutter.  It's hard...

Best wishes!