how to list my place

Paula642
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

how to list my place

I have a bit of a problem.  I have a double storey home.  The upstairs section is for me but I don't live there.

The downstairs area is for guests only and downstairs there is no sharing of amenities.  There are 4 ensuite bedrooms, open plan living area kitchen, lounge and dining room.  The downstairs area is rented as a whole.

How do I list the property?  Do I say entire home? 

On the description of the property I have said that it is the downstairs area only.  

Help

@Paula642 

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1

@Paula642  If there are no spaces shared with you or other guests, I think it's perfectly fine to list as an Entire Home. But if there might possibly be occasions where you would need to access your upstairs belongings during a stay, I'd recommend adding a full disclosure of that to your listing.

It's very rare, but a small number of hosts have reported that guests have broken into the locked-off area of an Entire Home property and gone through their stuff. So unless you have multiple security features guarding the upstairs, I'd suggest having no valuable, sensitive, or irreplaceable items there.