Airbnb Open Update

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb Open Update

Airbnb Open - Welcome

Hi everyone,

Many of you are eager for news about the next Airbnb Open, and while we can’t yet share details about where in the world it will be, we can tell you that it will be in 2018.

After three fantastic years of Airbnb Open gatherings in San Francisco, Paris, and Los Angeles, we’ve decided to take more time to plan the next festival of hosting. We’re working on the most innovative and inviting experience yet.

We’ll announce our host city and dates soon and cannot wait to host you for Airbnb Open 2018.

Thanks,

Lizzie

---------------UPDATE---------------

Posted: Jan 24th 2018

I've just posted an update on the status of the Airbnb Open below, click here to read my post. 🙂 

Thanks, Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

93 Replies 93

Lizzie:

When I realized that I had NOT received this email and one a couple of weeks ago from Brian Chesky, I did look at my Setting and many important items were NOT turned on. It seems that whenever Airbnb updates their platform that other changes occur without notice. Other Hosts acknowledge the very same thing. Guessing that the Settings should be checked on a regular basis?

Mary ****

Please keep us posted. Really anxious to hear where A O is going to be. I would like every host to learn the info at the same time. Why have to have certain settings turned on?

Thanks

Love my job running our Air BnB!

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

That’s odd because when I set up my account into 2015 and read everything and clicked and set up  on my account settings I have never had to fix it or update it or click on it again .  And I have received every email every letter and every notification from Airbnb and it’s cofounders .  I wonder why this is happening to other people ...  perhaps it is the browser maybe you are using ??

Airbnb highly recommends Google Chrome which is what I have always used .

aloha , Momi 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Lauren195
Level 2
Katy, TX

Hello!

I started hosting about a year ago and am just learning about Airbnb Open. Will the info be posted on this thread?

Thanks!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lauren195,

Lovely to meet you. 

Yes, as soon as I have more information regarding Airbnb Open, I will share it here in the Community Center. 

Sorry I can't provide any more information on the timeline for this yet.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@LizzieSo what's the deal? We're a quarter of the way through the year with no news. Seems a little late to be organizing, no?

I must wonder/speculate about the date, as upon reflection the three Airbnb Opens took place the werk before Thanksgiving in the U.S. should we guess that the 2018 will also take place on that weekend? That is my current thinking, and if I am correct; it will need to be located in a accommodating climate for mid to late November. It also must take place somewhere that all the support services are readily available. This event just gets bigger & bigger. Quite a fete to put together. I think if we all could just feel confident with the “when”, we could wait a bit for the where👍

Kurt19
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

Aloha Lizzie,

Sydney Australia would be great ....NOT in Honolulu please...then I cannot travel LOL!!! I've been to all 3 Opens.... SF which was free!!!... Paris which got bombed out on the last day...and then I thought the next one would be in Australia or Japan....you know....something exotic that would cover the world...but I guess Airbnb wanted to play it safe and went to LA.... hummmmm. For all the anxious Airbnb people.. IF the 2018 OPEN happens... we won't know until June 2018 which is when we found out about all the other 3....so just a little more that 2 months before we all know!!!

Australia.....YES!!!!!    I am an artist with a well developed 6th sense..... It will be in Australia!!! LOL 🙂

PS... Lizzie... let's make this fun..... I know you know by now where it could be.... Airbnb has narrowed it down to 3 spots...... Tell us where you know its definitely NOT going to be..... or give us hints......Let your clever side out......... Talk soon,     K

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kurt19,

I love this idea and would love to make this a little more interactive. I really wish I knew where the next Open is due to be, perhaps when I hear more there will be more opportunity to guess here. 

Australia would be fun, I've been to Sydney before and it is a great city, Japan is also on my list of places to visit so this would be great. 

As you have been to all of the past Airbnb Opens, you have seen them grow and adapts to the different cultures, I am intrigued to hear what you would especially like to see at the next one. 🙂

--------------------

Aloha Lizzy,

1. How about combining breakfast, lunch, &/or dinner with an education session. The topic could be "How to size up your guests in the first 5 to 10 minuten orientation greeting encounter." Or a travel psychologist helping us with actual non invasive questions on why the guests are really traveling...

Other topics:

How to find a Superguest...What to look for in a guest reservation request. 

What is the one question to ask a guest that will reveal the most? 

2. On the name tags... Make it big enough for a short sentence or each Airbnb guest will choose one word to describe him/herself. We need converstion starters for the shyer introverted hosts.

3. I know you are busy... but one issue is time... I forgot I wrote to you... there was a lot of time that passed between my email and your answer... which leads to the question... Is Airbnb growing too fast? Ask the same question you asked of me to everyone who wants to know when the next Open is...." I am intrigued to hear what you would especially like to see at the next one"... It will make them think and not just ask for information. Contribution is important. Its what will make your job more rewarding.... It only takes one great idea that you give to the founders that will make your job not just appeasement but making Airbnb shine brightly.

@Lizzie wrote:

Hello @Kurt19,

I love this idea and would love to make this a little more interactive. I really wish I knew where the next Open is due to be, perhaps when I hear more there will be more opportunity to guess here. 

Australia would be fun, I've been to Sydney before and it is a great city, Japan is also on my list of places to visit so this would be great. 

As you have been to all of the past Airbnb Opens, you have seen them grow and adapts to the different cultures, I am intrigued to hear what you would especially like to see at the next one. 🙂

4. Airbnb is a country in itself... the founders are the executive branch....the resolution center is the judiciary branch... Congress are elected from the top superhosts which will communicate directly to the region or city that they represent.

Aloha,

Kurt

@Lizzie

Hi again,

Its June 26 and ready for the great news 🙂 

All 3 previous Opens were set by June for November.

4 days left and counting...

Aloha from Hawaii

Kurt

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kurt19,

Great to hear from you again. OOo I could be wrong, but I unfortunately I don't think there will be any update regarding the Open in the next four days. 

I am eagerly awaiting to hear more about this too, so hopefully it won't be too much longer. 🙂

Keep you enthusiasm going, it is fantastic to see and I will let you know as soon as I hear something. 

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Hi Lizzie, We are interested in advertising opportunities at the Airbnb Open 2018. How can we get more information?

How can we get more information on the 2018 Airbnb Open PERIOD!  Can you even give us some idea of WHEN it is going to be so that we can plan for it? 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sarah1233,

Thanks for your message. It might be best to contact our Press department at Press@airbnb.com about this. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------