#AirbnbOpen - Let us know you're safe

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

#AirbnbOpen - Let us know you're safe

Hi Hosts,

We are currently doing everything we can to make sure we reach all our Hosts attending Airbnb Open, confirm they are safe, and help out in any way we can. We continue trying to call everyone on the phone to check you're all ok, so look out for that if you haven't got a call yet (see update here).

Additionally, some Hosts have been giving very helpful status updates on Twitter using the hashtag #AirbnbOpen. We are keeping an eye out for these and it is a big help too.

We encourage you to check it out if you are on Twitter, and drop a comment with the hashtag to let us know your status. You can also post on this thread to confirm that you are Ok too, as we also keep an eye out on this forum.

Stay safe!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

30 Replies 30
Isabelle0
Level 2
Pula, Istria County, Croatia

Hello,

Thank you for taking care and thank you for the call I received from California to ask me if I was safe, Yes I am. I will stay in Paris by my mother for a few days more...I am sending light love and peace  to everyone......

Thank you for all the precious moments we had together Airbnb it was a great event !

Patrizia1
Level 3
Rome, Italy

Hi, I'm Patrizia from Rome and I'm safe and still in Paris.Mi heart is suffering for all the victims of this unforgettable tragedy
Jim1
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ciao @Patrizia1,

Thanks for letting us know you're safe!

We will never ever forget all the heroes who were victims of that tragedy.

We hope you're enjoying the rest of your stay in the wonderful Paris.

Take care.

Thanks for checking in. I got a voicemail. But don't have cell phone service here in Paris- just data. I am fine. Happy to have some friends (former airbnb guests who because friends) come stay with me for a few days so I'm not alone. Great conference. Already looking forward to next year! Since I can't get home until Monday I will be out sightseeing and checing out flea markets tomorrow if anyone wants to come.
Clothilde0
Level 1
Chamoux, Burgundy, France

We are safe home with my husband in France. If anyone looking for free stay, contact us, we live two hours from Paris... Let us know...
Martin-And-Lesley0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Marjo,

What a terrible end to a wonderful week. What "they" did defies belief and was all the more disturbing after the uplifting discussions we had on what "belong anywhere" can mean.

Thanks to Airbnb employees for their response to the events, not only having to write off all the work they have done over the past year, but putting Disaster Recovery plans into place and communicating via web, email and phone to hosts and guests across Paris.

We only ventured out to the local shops yesterday, but were impressed by the fortitude of the Parisians to open their shops and to go out on the streets, maybe not in the usual numbers, but in numbers.

Today we left for the airport early and were impressed again by the railway staff on hand to explain how to get to the airport on the train and bus transfer. We felt safe throughout, but especially after passing through security. We are now home safely.

Thanks again to the Co-founders, the executive and all the staff for a wonderful AirbnbOpen before the tragedy. 

Regards,

Martin & Lesley

Francesca2
Level 2
Tuscany, Italy

I am safe, thank you for the interest!

In Paris, more than ever  I had a feeling of belonging to this beautiful and human Airbnb community.

All the best,

Francesca

Jim1
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ciao @Francesca2,

Thanks for letting us know you're safe!
We're so glad to hear you enjoyed the event and the sense of community at its heart.

Keep us posted!

Laura-and-Mark0
Level 2
Brookline, MA

Mark Grossman.

Still in Paris.  Safe 🙂  

Thank you guys.

Sweet0
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

#Airbnb so lovely to saty at Airbnb.

It was on our door when we back home on Saturday morning, after a long and scary night in Paris, it was friendly and helped us to feel safe and welcomed. 

Screenshot 2015-11-17 10.40.57.png

Je suis heureuse d'avoir de vos nouvelles même si nous ne nous sommes pas rencontrés ,nous étions unis ,i am so sorry for your Travel , i would like learn english to communicate  better  ....

i kiss you .

Nadia .

Metz . France .

Hi. I had some awesome days with airbnb and a horrifying stay at the football match, which I attended that friday 13th. I put my experiences in a youtube video, which I like to share with you: Airbnb Open 2015 and Football Match France-Germany in Stade de France 13.11.15

Hope to see you again next year. 

Regards

Carsten from Sylt, Germany. 

Loan0
Level 2
Paris, France

I am happy that you are safe!

My children and I too.

I hope to see you again in Paris...

Loan

Loan0
Level 2
Paris, France

I am happy that you are safe!

My children and I too.

I hope to see you again in Paris...

Loan

Will1
Level 2
Seattle, Washington, United States

What cheap a classless advertising Airbnb. And what if they do not let you know they are safe? Are you sending in the search team? We are supposed to hashtag your company to let everyone know we are safe? Really? What a terrible way to use an international tragedy to your advantage. I did not hashtag anything, or check your twitter. Please do not use the deaths of people to assert your marketing on the world. Get real.