[Updated] AO15 Contest: Airbnb Open Stories Contest now Closed

Stories
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

[Updated] AO15 Contest: Airbnb Open Stories Contest now Closed

[Updated] Launched back in November at Airbnb Open 2015, the AO2015 Stories Contest is now closed. Thank you for all your fantastic submissions, we look forward to announcing the winners soon!

To view the Contest overview see below: 

We welcome you to share your story as a host or share your experience traveling as a guest. Whether it’s life-changing, heart-warming, silly, big, or small -- we want to hear from you!

DETAILS

This contest is only open to hosts who attended Airbnb Open 2015.  Share your story starting November 12, 2015. The contest deadline for submissions will be January 15th, 2016

Submit stories or read stories. Learn more about the contest rules attached. Stories must have a minimum of 200 words, must contain a title, two photos, and use the hashtag #AO2015contest.

PRIZES

One 1st prize of $15,000 USD

One 2nd prize of $7,000 USD

One 3rd prize of $3,000 USD

SELECTING WINNERS

Winners will be selected based on the spirit of the submission. How does it relate to hospitality, social impact and experiences on Airbnb?

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.  Open only to attendees, 18 or older, registered at Airbnb Open 2015 in Paris.  Skill contest.  Judges’ decisions determine winners.  Entry deadline 11:59:59 p.m.  San Francisco time on 01/15/2016.  Submitted stories may be used by Airbnb for promotional purposes.  Additional terms apply.   See Official Rules below.

FAQS

Q: How many times can I submit a story?

A:  Please only submit one story.

Q: Can I edit my story submission?

A: Not at this time.

Q: How can I confirm my submission was received?

A: You will see a notification confirming receipt of submission once you click Post.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of photos I can upload or video link submissions?

A: Not at this time. We look forward to what you have to share!

Still have questions? Feel free to post your questions in this thread and we will try to get them answered as soon as we can!

See full rules below: 

113 Replies 113
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rebecca4,

Sorry I misunderstood your post. Along with @David7's question, I am just waiting to hear back from the team looking after this. I will update you as soon as I hear back. Thank you 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Megumi0
Level 2
Nozawaonsen, Japan

Hi there, 

I posted a story an hour before though does not know if it comfirmed or not.

Does a notification confirming receipt of submission comes at the time when I post? 

Could you tell me how does it work?

thanks for your help.

Megumi/Japan

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @David7@Rebecca4,

I am sorry for the delay with this. If you would like to post the images you want to include on this thread I will add them into your submitted story, so they can be included. 

Thanks @Megumi0, so when you pressed the 'post' button to submit your story, the format of the area to post on the page should have gone to leave your story. There is no email confirmation or a pop-up to say it has been submitted. Do you remember what happened when you posted it? I can also check to see if it is submitted if you are unsure. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hey Lizzie -- I'm pretty tech savvy and the system isn't letting me upload the photos. Can you PM me your email and I'll send them to you?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rebecca4,

I am sorry about this. Would you mind letting me know what is happening when you try to upload your images, I presume there is an issue when you click on the little camera icon on the tool bar? Can I also check which browser you are using? 

--------------------

I tried it again and the interface was different so it worked! These go with my story.

IMG_1667 (1).jpgIMG_1667 (1).jpg

Hello Lizzie,

Once I posted the story with a youtube video, the message colored red were shown. and could not leave the article. Then I tried to the other post with another youtube video, I supposed it has gone... however, I am still afraid if it has posted or not.

Do you mind checking my article reach the board? 

Thanks a lot. 

Megumi/Japan

Antonella1
Level 2
Vittorio Veneto, Italy

Hi, I like the idea of writing a story about AirBnBOpen 2015. Yet, as I couldnot be there, my story would be from "outside": I'm a superhost but also an Expert of Directly Community and helped so many AirBnB users (both hosts and guests)who were in Paris that terrible Nov 14th! Heard so many stories , tried to help so many people and "opened" AirBnB doors. I'm not interested in the prize itself, but I think that also our stories from "outside" should be read and in some way become part of this big and great Community!

What do you think?

antonella 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Antonella1, sorry I didn't reply to you in my last post. It sounds incredible the level of support and help you offered during this awful experience, thank you so much for letting me know. In terms of the actual competition, we do need to respect the T&Cs, but as you say this isn't about that and it would be wonderful to hear your stories and share them with the rest of the community. I personally think this will resonate with a lot of other people.

I wonder would you be willing to perhaps start a new thread and post them directly into the Airbnb Open board, if you feel this is appropriate? 

--------------------

Heather3
Level 2
Florence, Italy

When I submit my story for the contest, will other people see it?  Or is it hidden until the judges see it?

Am I looking at the form correctly?  I only see a place to make a title, a txt box and a place for a youtube video.  Where do we submit the photos?

I'm trying to find the link to submit the story for the contest.  Now I can't find the email that took me there.  Can you please explain how to find this?

I would like to answer Heather's question. She couldn't find e- mail with which can be connented with the AO2015contest

Dear Heather,

You should find the e-mail with the title Exclusive Airbnb Open sessions and our 2016 host city sent by Airbnb on 11th December 2015

I hope you will find it in you mail.

Regards

Rada

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Heather3,

Great to hear you would like to submit a story for the contest. Further to @Rada0 useful advise, you can also find the link and T&Cs at the top of this thread (the one you are posting in), plus here is the direct link to the submission form for your story, so you have it to hand. 

Just to highlight, to enable the submission form to display correctly, please make sure you are logged in to the Community Center (if you view the top right-hand corner of the Community Page if you are logged in you will see you profile photo or if not it will prompt you to 'Log In').

Do let me know if you have any problems with this or any follow up questions. Best of luck. 🙂 

--------------------

Keith0
Level 9
Calgary, Canada

am trying, unsuccesfully, to post my story. Drop down "Choose a topic" is empty and the page will not allow me to post. Help, please Keith

I'm experiencing the same problem as Keith.

That is to say, there is still no option to choose a topic (the dropdown list is empty), and the toolbar with the "Add Picture" button is still a no-show.

Assistance in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.