[Updated] AO15 Contest: Airbnb Open Stories Contest now Closed

Stories
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

[Updated] AO15 Contest: Airbnb Open Stories Contest now Closed

[Updated] Launched back in November at Airbnb Open 2015, the AO2015 Stories Contest is now closed. Thank you for all your fantastic submissions, we look forward to announcing the winners soon!

To view the Contest overview see below: 

We welcome you to share your story as a host or share your experience traveling as a guest. Whether it’s life-changing, heart-warming, silly, big, or small -- we want to hear from you!

DETAILS

This contest is only open to hosts who attended Airbnb Open 2015.  Share your story starting November 12, 2015. The contest deadline for submissions will be January 15th, 2016

Submit stories or read stories. Learn more about the contest rules attached. Stories must have a minimum of 200 words, must contain a title, two photos, and use the hashtag #AO2015contest.

PRIZES

One 1st prize of $15,000 USD

One 2nd prize of $7,000 USD

One 3rd prize of $3,000 USD

SELECTING WINNERS

Winners will be selected based on the spirit of the submission. How does it relate to hospitality, social impact and experiences on Airbnb?

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.  Open only to attendees, 18 or older, registered at Airbnb Open 2015 in Paris.  Skill contest.  Judges’ decisions determine winners.  Entry deadline 11:59:59 p.m.  San Francisco time on 01/15/2016.  Submitted stories may be used by Airbnb for promotional purposes.  Additional terms apply.   See Official Rules below.

FAQS

Q: How many times can I submit a story?

A:  Please only submit one story.

Q: Can I edit my story submission?

A: Not at this time.

Q: How can I confirm my submission was received?

A: You will see a notification confirming receipt of submission once you click Post.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of photos I can upload or video link submissions?

A: Not at this time. We look forward to what you have to share!

Still have questions? Feel free to post your questions in this thread and we will try to get them answered as soon as we can!

See full rules below: 

113 Replies 113
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello guys,

@Heather3, I would assume that the stories will be seen, so do bare this in mind when you submit your story. In terms of the form, it sounds like you are in the right place - to add a photo, you should see a little camera on the tool bar above the text box, if you click here it will provide you with the option to upload your files.

@Keith0 and @Ruth2, I am sorry to hear you are having problems with this. I believe we fix this bug a couple of weeks ago, so I can report it again could you be able to let me know which browser you are in? As it is working for most people it might be only happening in certain browsers, but we will see! Just to check, I presume you are logged into you account (so you see your profile pic in the righthand corner of your screen), plus if you are able to post a screenshot of your page (please try to avoid showing any private info) that would be really helpful. 

@Megumi0@Marzia0 - I will get back to you shortly about this. 

@Karine0, just to confirm you don't need to enter your ticket ID at this stage so no worries. To submit your story, click on the link on the first page of this thread, you will also find the T&Cs in the same post. Once you click on the link to submit your story, you will see a text box will a three icon tool bar, one of which being a little camera - click this and you can upload your images. At the botton of the same page, you will see a box to add a like to a video (if needed). Good luck.

@Chad2, thanks for checking about this. I will get back to you about this as soon as I have more info from the team. 🙂

Thanks so much. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie,

I managed to submit the story.

Thank you !

worked. I submitted my story, so can not replicate the error. Chrome browser FWIW

Keith

Hi Lizzie,

Am still having problems posting : on the french page the first drop down field 'enter a topic' won't let me write anything and I therefore can't send you my story .. very frustrating !  I saw it worked for Keith and Ruth but although I have the Chrome browser I can't get through ...  thx for letting me know how to proceed !

Sabine

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Happy New Year!

I am sorry I haven't come back to you sooner in regards to your questions, I have now received some more information on this.

@Megumi0@Marzia0@Karine0 - just confirm that your story submissions have been recieved. Thanks so much.

@Chad2 - your submission has been received, would it be at all possible for you to transcribe the words in your video to a minimum of 200 word please? You can do this by submitting it through the same form link as before and I will inform the team to expect it. Do let me know if you have any questions on this.

@Catherine26, thank you so much for sharing your story with us, it brought a smile to my face. I wonder, so that it can be considered for the contest would you be able to add your story through the Airbnb Open Stories Contest link (in the first post in this thread, along with the T&Cs)?

Thanks so much, it is great to hear you are sharing your wonderful stories and do let me know if I can help at all. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ok Lizzie, thank you for letting me know. Now how do I add my 2 pictures? There was no chance to add pictures when I sent my story. I am afraid that my story will not be considered with no pictures
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Marzia0,

I am sorry that it wasn't possible for you to add your two images. Would you mind sending the images over through the same link (in the first post in this thread) that you submitted your story please, hopefully you won't have any problems uploading them this time. I will let the team know about this and then they can be added together. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this. Thanks so much. 

--------------------

hi Lizzie, I submitted the pictures, how do I check that everithing is ok? please let me know

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Marzia0, thanks so much for doing this, all received. 

@Sabine2, great to hear it is all working, I have checked and we have received your stories. Thank you.

Best of luck to both of you and thanks so much for sharing your stories. 🙂 

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rada0,

Just seen that your story has been received, thanks so much for trying again to submit it. 

Good luck. 🙂 

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sabine2,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with this, the form has been a little temperamental, but as you say hosts have been able to submit their stories. Our tech team is looking into this, but as it is working for some and not for others it is a little tricky. What I would ask you to double check first is that you are logged in before accessing the form. The best way to check is to look in the top right-hand corner of the Community Center page and your profile photo (avatar) will show if you are or if not it will show 'Log in'. Normally, if you are not logged in it does appear to be show the form as you describe, so hopefully this will work. However, if this doesn't solve the issue, I will let our tech team know. Can I just confirm you are using Crome as your browser and if it isn't too much trouble would it be possible for you to send me over a screenshot of the page not behaving! 

Thanks so much and I am sorry about this. 

--------------------

Thanks Lizzie, I think it's because I wasn't logged in ... silly me !

Thanks again and if ever you happen to come to Lyon do come and se us !

Sabine

Chad2
Level 2
Austin, TX

@Lizzie - Under the contest submission requirements, it says:

Submissions must: (a) be in English and a minimum of 200 words, (b) comply with Airbnb’s Terms of Service and User Conduct guidelines, (c) be entrant’s original work, not previously submitted in any promotion or displayed publicly, 

1. ) I included a message that was 200+ words with my video story submission (YouTube Link). Is that ok or does my story have to be in writing or I'm disqualified? I don't mind writing out all the words that are in the video if necessary.

2.) I posted the YouTube link as unlisted because I don't have an AirBnB email to share it with if I made the YouTube link private. It being unlisted has still gathered public views and even a comment...not sure if this will disqualify me on a technicality. Let me know how I should list/edit the YouTube share setting?

3.) Lastly, could you confirm you received my submission - "Stay Here, Give Here" ?

Karine0
Level 2
Anglet, France

Hello everyone,

My name is Karine and I would like to submit my own story to the #AO2015Contest. I was attendee at the Airbnb Open in Paris but I can't enter my ID Ticket anywhere to register... Is there a problem ? Is there another link ? What about the pictures ? 

I hope I'll be able to submit befor the deadline...

Marzia0
Level 2
Rome, Italy

hello, I have submitted my story bur I wasn't able to add the photos. can you confirm me that you received my story? How can I check it? How can I add my photos?

waiting for your reply. thank you