[Updated] AO15 Contest: Airbnb Open Stories Contest now Closed

Stories
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

[Updated] AO15 Contest: Airbnb Open Stories Contest now Closed

[Updated] Launched back in November at Airbnb Open 2015, the AO2015 Stories Contest is now closed. Thank you for all your fantastic submissions, we look forward to announcing the winners soon!

To view the Contest overview see below: 

We welcome you to share your story as a host or share your experience traveling as a guest. Whether it’s life-changing, heart-warming, silly, big, or small -- we want to hear from you!

DETAILS

This contest is only open to hosts who attended Airbnb Open 2015.  Share your story starting November 12, 2015. The contest deadline for submissions will be January 15th, 2016

Submit stories or read stories. Learn more about the contest rules attached. Stories must have a minimum of 200 words, must contain a title, two photos, and use the hashtag #AO2015contest.

PRIZES

One 1st prize of $15,000 USD

One 2nd prize of $7,000 USD

One 3rd prize of $3,000 USD

SELECTING WINNERS

Winners will be selected based on the spirit of the submission. How does it relate to hospitality, social impact and experiences on Airbnb?

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.  Open only to attendees, 18 or older, registered at Airbnb Open 2015 in Paris.  Skill contest.  Judges’ decisions determine winners.  Entry deadline 11:59:59 p.m.  San Francisco time on 01/15/2016.  Submitted stories may be used by Airbnb for promotional purposes.  Additional terms apply.   See Official Rules below.

FAQS

Q: How many times can I submit a story?

A:  Please only submit one story.

Q: Can I edit my story submission?

A: Not at this time.

Q: How can I confirm my submission was received?

A: You will see a notification confirming receipt of submission once you click Post.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of photos I can upload or video link submissions?

A: Not at this time. We look forward to what you have to share!

Still have questions? Feel free to post your questions in this thread and we will try to get them answered as soon as we can!

See full rules below: 

113 Replies 113

Ciao @Lizzie

I do not have the same interface you have posted...

I cannot edit the text and neither see the button to upload the picture =(

I have tried to open the page in another browser but still...

Do you know how can I see the page correctly?

Thanks

MArtina

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Martina3 and @Janet1,

Thanks for letting me know about this. Martina - just to check is the page you are seeing, a similar layout to when you post in this thread, but just missing the tool bar or completely different?

I have passed this over to our Dev Team to take a look at, so I will update you as soon as possible. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie I am missing the tool bar =(

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Martina3 thanks for confirming. I will let you know as soon as I hear back. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I am also unable to post photos. I only see a You Tube link except in replying which does show a camera icon but has no upload capbility.

Thanks for your help!

Diana

Hello,

Urgh : just spent some time writing my story and am not able to post it because the page wouldn't let me type in a title ... what to do ?  Today is the last day (nov 30th) and I would hate not to be able to participate ... thx for letting me know !

Sabine

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I am sorry for the delay with this. I am just trying to gather some more information about when the submission page for this might be fixed. I will update you shortly. Thank you. 

--------------------

David7
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Lizzie it seems the submission page for stories is still not fixed with no photos submission. I submitted mine to beat deadline but could not attach the video so need to add that! Can it be done please as time is out and nothjing has been done!? I put the photo links in the text as no other option! Please get back to me.

Thanks

David

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone, 

Just to highlight that the issues have now been fixed, I am sorry again about this.

Due to the slight delay, the deadline for entries has now been extended until Jan 15th 2016! (* Please note I have edited this from original post) Hopefully this will provide you with enough time to submit your stories. I have seen that stories are being submitted without any problems, so fingers crossed it works for you! 

If you are still experiencing any problems please do let me know. 🙂

@David7@Lucia5@Sabine2@Gabriela0@Martina

--------------------

Thanks @Lizzie 😃

David7
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Hi Lizzie....OK I now see the camera icon allowing me to add photos!!! BUT when I submittthe story last week to comply with the original deadline there was no camera icon so I added the photo links at the bottom of the story and I could not add a video! PLEASE can you confirm that:

1. I can resubmit the story again using the photo link and add the video.....text will not change?

2. If that is not possible can you confirm that you have the story and the photos and is there any way to add the video link?

Thanks for a reply/answer.

David in Prague

@Lizzie How do I confirm my submission is submitted? Can't find on Stories page. Keith

Hello Lizzie,

Thank you for your reply. When I click on the link (Submit stories),
I am taken to a page with text box but there is no camera icon there.
There is a box to enter a link to a youtube video, but no camera icon.
What shall I do?

Since the deadline is very near, please write as soon as possible.

Thank you very much,
Ruth

By the way,

On this page that I'm writing to you ("Learn.Share.Connect") there is a camera icon. On the "Share stpry. Get inspired" page there is none.

Hello Lizzi,

here i have the toolbar but its not there when i want to submit insteed of replying you here now. How i can add my pictures to the story? The toolbar is not visible 😕

Kind regards
Christoph

Submitted the story with photos. Finally it worked. 🙂