Yeah! We just got 2 tickets!

SilvieandAndrew0
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Yeah! We just got 2 tickets!

I'm so thrilled that my husband and I JUST got 2 tickets for LA! It's a non-transferable and non-refundable. It's a MUST GO! Yeah! See you all in 4 months in LA, we are coming from Toronto! 🙂

33 Replies 33
Roger17
Level 10
Thomaston, GA

Congratulations - I want to go!!!!!!

What the heck is a level 9?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Fairly new to BnB - do selected hosts get paid airline tickets to attend this shindig?

Best

Helen

Hi Helen,

unless you are a featured speaker or presentor , you have to fully pay your way to the Open 

So that means Airfare, Accommodations , Open ticket and more for any additional expenses . 

Cathryn1
Level 4
Wollongong, Australia

Hi Helen

I am not aware of any Airbnb hosts who get free airfares to LA.  Wouldn't that be great!!!! Especially traveling from Australia or UK :-).

I do think the experience will be well worth the cost of airfares.  Just meeting others hosts and sharing the lessons learned will be wonderful.

My husband and I will be traveling to LA for the event, this will be our first Open.  We are very excited at the prospect of meeting other hosts, hearing their stories and educating ourselves on other cultures and hospitality customs.  

Cheers

Cathryn 

Peter-And-Wendy0
Level 3
Nelligen, Australia

Midnight in Australia and we got two tickets as well. Now to book flights and accommodation. Looking forward to it. 

Me to; unfortunately I am having to come on my own as my partner will have just returned from  3 weeks in Hawaii, but I have just bought my ticket. I from Rye in Victoria. Host since June 2015  - See: https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/5673297

@Andrew28 @SilvieandAndrew0 @Joseph0 @Peter-And-Wendy0 @Helen3  and @Clement4

Aloha Everyone,  I was wondering if any of you folks would be interested in booking an ENTIRE home in Los Angeles that several of us Superhosts can stay together since its so expensive to fly there as well as the Open Ticket?  let me know as I am very interested in doing this so we can have even  more fun meeting each other and sharing the expense.  By the way, did you folks know that the food and drinks are not included in the $275 ticket like it was in Paris?  I read something today that someone was very upset to discover they don't get the food included as they had in Paris Open.  Now I am wondering just how much this is gonna cost me all together, airbnb stay, plane from Hawaii, rental car, food, drinks, Red Carpet event....etc...BUT I DON"T WANT TO MISS MY FIRST ONE....plus I will come bearing gifts from Hawaii  🙂  - in other words, if you stay with me I will grind and brew fresh 100% Hawaiian coffee beans in the house to wake all up with.  Cream or Sugar? haha - looking foward to hearing back from anyone.   #LiveAloha #LiveThere - Momi, Superhost in Hawaii  🙂

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Hi. Yes we are interested. We want to be fairly close to the action. Don't know the layout of LA much at all and we were thinking of Santa Monica as others have suggested but open for alternatives. Keep us in the loop as your idea sounds appealing.

Regards, Peter and Wendy

Hi Momi;

I would be interested although I am coming on my own .  I will probably have a car as well as I am visiting friends in Banning,  Hollywood Hills and Simi Valley beforehand.

Andrew

PS Can anyone explain to me what the Levels 2 and 10 mean. This is something I have never heard of before?

Andrew Ferguson

Hi Andrew

Just found this out:

Hosts that post frequently to the forum (asking but mainly answering questions) go up in level, which stops at 10.  But we just keep trucking on. 

Another person quite rightfully also says:

I would only add that a Level 10 can, and sometimes is, a total and complete idiot while a Level 1 could be an expert in all things Airbnb so don't discount them.   Like Super Host status, it's Airbnb dangling carrots in front of us!

I also wondered what it was - suspected this - it is similar to Trip Advisor where you go up to Level 6. Just means you write lots of reviews. Or as another person states:

basically it means that some of us have more time on our hands than others. 😉 

Regards, Peter

Thanks Peter;

One of my particular grips at the moment is ther SuperHost qualification process. Its just that a local real estate agent that is managing 20 properties + in our area has somewhow got Super Host, yet has only been listed for a few weeks. Another person who has been on just a few weeks also has Super Host  status with just 15 visitors , yet our Cottage with more than 60 groups through and 57  fantastic references and more than 40 rated as 5 star  and 17 as 4 star does not qualify. I think the level of 10 visits is far too low for someone to qaulify for SuperHost. It should be 40 visits at least. This would then make it far more equitable for  those that are getting more visitors though.

Andrew

Hey Momi

Just want to know if you were having any success with the home share concept? If this is not happening, we will need to book somewhere pretty quick as the options are drying up.

Regards, Peter

Yes! I would love to go in on a house. Found an awesome penthouse downtown. 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13773830?s=jGbY17Ef