How you can help refugees fleeing Ukraine

How you can help refugees fleeing Ukraine

CatherinePowell_0-1646072771460.jpeg

Hi everyone, 

I’m Catherine, Airbnb’s Global Head of Hosting. Over the past week, so many lives have been devastated by the unfolding scenes of violence in Ukraine. In this moment of global crisis, we’re turning our attention to how we can help. 

We want to let you know that Airbnb.org has committed to offering free, short-term housing for up to 100,000 refugees fleeing Ukraine. Airbnb.org will provide funding and support for nonprofit partners on the ground who will directly facilitate temporary stays for refugees.

We have heard from Hosts who have been directly affected by the violence or are worried for family and friends in the region. And I’ve been heartened to hear from so many of you who want to get involved and help, and in the coming days, we’ll have more details about how you can do so. 

In the meantime, you can sign up to provide emergency housing in your area or make a donation to Airbnb.org’s Refugee Fund. To learn more about Airbnb.org and the effort to temporarily house refugees fleeing Ukraine, head to the Resource Center

We’ll be in touch with more very soon. If you have questions or suggestions, you can always tag me directly on the Community Center: @Catherine-Powell 

Until then, take good care of yourselves and each other. 

Catherine

135 Replies 135
Yulia131
Level 2
Kyiv, Ukraine

Dear friends! I am glad to know that many people in the world pray for Ukraine and help us in our bad times. Thank to your support it will be easier for Ukrainian families, who stayed at home, to get through this crisis in my region! 🙏