SUPERHOSTS - HELP OUR FELLOW HOSTS IN UKRAINE SUFFERING FROM THE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF WAR

Answered!
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

SUPERHOSTS - HELP OUR FELLOW HOSTS IN UKRAINE SUFFERING FROM THE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF WAR

I've seen on some FB hosts groups that Superhosts who haven't yet 'spent' their $100 dollar Airbnb reward voucher are booking accommodation with UKRAINE hosts with the voucher.

This means that these hosts will have some guaranteed income  from the vouchers at a time of uncertainty and horror in their lives.

A small gesture from the Airbnb community   that all SH could consider. I will certainly be doing this. 

You can of course cancel at the last minute and the host will still be paid. 

Would Airbnb consider helping hosts in UKRAINE by not charging their fee for any accommodation booking in the country over the next few months @Stephanie  @Nick @Catherine-Powell ????

162 Replies 162

help the Ukrainian army lacks the resources to fight the Russian horde at the moment we need components for communications and other equipment every means of communication saves someone's life do not be indifferent. I, a serviceman of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, am asking you not to help myself, but to help all of us to stay alive as long as possible and liberate the occupied territory more.

На теперішній час дякую всім хто долучився до дороги Україні.

Only in the fight against Russian aggression will we win together. I am a serviceman and we lack the means to fight the invaders, do not be indifferent. Glory to Ukraine.

I’m just translating what was written in Ukrainian so that everyone can read what he wrote!

Is there a suggestion to alert Ukrainian Hosts to change their Cancellation Policy to ZERO REFUND ON CANCELLATION? That way the Host can keep the full amount of Donation. FE I intend to cancel my stay in Ukraine but I do not want the 50% refund offered by the Host. Cheers William

@William3 They can only use one of the available cancellation policies. No one who's doing this is going to get refunds. You just wait until you you wouldn't be eligible for any refund and cancel. That will open their calendar so others can book those dates, either fake or for real, if by some miracle they could actially host.

If the booking is soon, you don't even have to cancel- you aren't showing up and they'll get paid the day after the no-show check-in. 

Very thoughtful. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Jane0  and all the other hosts that have posted here to say they are donating their SH vouchers thank you so much. It was so lovely to see the response from the host you booked with in Kyiv.

I too used my voucher to book with a homeshare host.

Be great to see any other responses hosts who have donated their vouchers have received. 

Our hosts’ response

Dear E & J, thank you very much.
We hosting people with children from East region, so it is very helpfull.
We hope for a chance when Kiev will be accesible again in future.
Kind regards, <Signed>

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

I booked our trip to Kiev yesterday morning, took a photo of my Hosts response6612D9E5-AA85-42B5-AE63-0A4BA7B41D3B.png

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for sharing your response from the host you kindly booked with @Kate867 it's heartbreaking to hear what life is like for our fellow hosts in Ukraine.

I am touched, this made me cry. Thanks for sharing. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kate867 and @Helen3 There is actually no need to cancel the reservation. If they have a flexible cancellation policy cancelling might mean that they lose money.

This is true. Depending on the cancelation policy the host may not get much and Airbnb will keep the "used" $100 voucher. People might be better off booking one or two nights and explaining that they won't actually be showing up and that they don't want a refund. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Good point @Emilia42