SUPERHOSTS - HELP OUR FELLOW HOSTS IN UKRAINE SUFFERING FROM THE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF WAR

Answered!
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

SUPERHOSTS - HELP OUR FELLOW HOSTS IN UKRAINE SUFFERING FROM THE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF WAR

I've seen on some FB hosts groups that Superhosts who haven't yet 'spent' their $100 dollar Airbnb reward voucher are booking accommodation with UKRAINE hosts with the voucher.

This means that these hosts will have some guaranteed income  from the vouchers at a time of uncertainty and horror in their lives.

A small gesture from the Airbnb community   that all SH could consider. I will certainly be doing this. 

You can of course cancel at the last minute and the host will still be paid. 

Would Airbnb consider helping hosts in UKRAINE by not charging their fee for any accommodation booking in the country over the next few months @Stephanie  @Nick @Catherine-Powell ????

162 Replies 162

Hello @Александр161 

Unfortunately we can only recommend hosts book with established Ukrainian  hosts who have reviews from 2021 or before - rather than hosts like yourself who have set up their profile since the invasion.

Although you maybe legitimate- sadly we have no way of knowing this as  many scammers have set up Ukrainian host profiles since the invasion  to cash in on host and guest bookings for Ukraine .

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kate867 @Helen9 It is almost Superhost time so it is also time to boost this thread and get more superhosts using their vouchers to support Ukranians. Alternatively would a new thread be more impactful?

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Helen3 @Mike-And-Jane0 ..  I think a new thread would probably make more impact… Someone with a better way of writing it would be better than myself though.. I am not that good at that sort of thing.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's normally better to keep content together particularly as this one includes warning about the potential scam listings that have been set up since the invasion.

@Mike-And-Jane0  Please feel free to make a post here about new SH using their vouchers 

or absolutely start a new thread if you feel it would have more impact .

I do worry about the hundreds /maybe thousands of new listings that have been set up since March this year with just war photos and cartoon images or false profile photos. 

sadly after initially blocking these profiles Airbnb are now letting them stay on the platform . It's sad to see that good natured hosts and guests are likely to be scammed out of money because Airbnb refuses to block these new listings from being set up.

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Helen3    Perhaps you could start a new thread, but Highlighting the potential scams and advising what type of Airbnb’s are suitable (home share, old listing, not multiple listings etc)  Your posts are always very articulate and informative.  I understand also, that Airbnb have not been allowing new listings in the Ukraine since the middle of March, and are also carefully checking the ones listed from the start of March as well.  A new thread will help people rather than them having to read through the many responses here before making a decision.

Евгений43
Level 2
Chornomorsk, Ukraine

Help us

What particular help are you looking for @Евгений43 ?

I can’t describe my gratitude to you, you help us a lot, may God bless you and your loved ones! Before the start of the war, my wife and I lived well,Almost everything we earned we invested in this apartment. We completed all the repair work in November 2021 and thought that everything would be fine in the future. But three months later, the war began and intense attacks on Kyiv. And we had to leave the apartment. My wife is now in Poland. I found a temporary part-time job in another city. I hope that I will return to my apartment soon. Thanks to the community Airbnb!!! We will be very grateful to you for your continued support!!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Unfortunately you are one those who have set your listing up since the advent of the invasion so we don't know if you're a genuine host , @Mykhailo5 .

we're advising hosts to only book with genuine hosts who have reviews from 2021 or before 

Ирина168
Level 2
Kyiv, Ukraine

Hi, please see my post of gratitude to all the hosts who have helped us out and who support those refugees who left Ukraine. You are incredible! I love you!!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Ukraine/td-p/1604710

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Circle/Thank-you-for-your-help-to-Ukraine/m-p/1594527#M2600...

Nina1276
Level 3
Kherson, Ukraine

Hello. Our city of Kherson is completely captured by the Russian military, I was left without work with children, and there is no money at all. Refugees who are left without a home live in my apartments for free. I will be very grateful for any help. The world is not without good people. Thanks to everyone who responds .

Hi, my name is Arthur and I am from Ukraine.I found you in the airbnb community.Please do not consider this extortion or beggingIt so happened that I have to turn to you for help. I beg you if you have the opportunity to help. My father is soon going to defend Ukraine to the east, to hell. I'm trying to raise money for his body armor and small military items. If you have the opportunity to help, not in word but in deed, I beg you to do so. God bless you. Peaceful sky overhead.
P.S. All photos and video evidence will be provided
Erin4744
Level 2
Kernville, CA

I booked a place in Ukraine in June and the host wrote to me last week and says he has not been paid and that Airbnb is holding his money due to "sanctions."   Is this true?