SUPERHOSTS - HELP OUR FELLOW HOSTS IN UKRAINE SUFFERING FROM THE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF WAR

Answered!
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

SUPERHOSTS - HELP OUR FELLOW HOSTS IN UKRAINE SUFFERING FROM THE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF WAR

I've seen on some FB hosts groups that Superhosts who haven't yet 'spent' their $100 dollar Airbnb reward voucher are booking accommodation with UKRAINE hosts with the voucher.

This means that these hosts will have some guaranteed income  from the vouchers at a time of uncertainty and horror in their lives.

A small gesture from the Airbnb community   that all SH could consider. I will certainly be doing this. 

You can of course cancel at the last minute and the host will still be paid. 

Would Airbnb consider helping hosts in UKRAINE by not charging their fee for any accommodation booking in the country over the next few months @Stephanie  @Nick @Catherine-Powell ????

162 Replies 162
Delphine348
Host Advisory Board Member
Achères-la-Forêt, France

@Emilie , not very good at translation...maybe you can insert a translation of ukrainians posts? Thank you!

Delphine

(Sauf indication contraire, mes contributions sont issues de mon expérience en tant qu'hôte)

Для всех неравнодушных. Спасибо заранее

🇪🇺🇺🇦

Alessandro1309
Level 2
Lugano, Switzerland

Hello, I’m now in Ukraine 30km from Russia. In order to go back home to Italy I have to go north crossing Russia till Latvia, then Lituania, Poland Czechia Germany Italy. I have two kids 1 year and 7 year old. I need help to find a place sleep during the travel ……and in Italy We need an home

can you help me?

Hello @Alessandro1309 

So sorry to hear your experience.  I am not sure it's a great idea to go via Russia when you can get to Poland, Romania, Hungary or Slovakia directly from Ukraine and from there onto Italy. 

In terms of accommodation, you may want to contact the refugee charities in Ukraine who are helping people find accommodation. You can also contact https://www.airbnb.org/ 

For permanent accommodation in Italy you would need to contact the Italian government as they will have a system for helping support Ukraine refugees.

Hope you and your children travel safely. 

Олександр0
Level 3
Kharkiv, Ukraine

Hello guys to all, as well as the administration of airbnb! I would like to express my deep gratitude to all those who provide assistance to Ukrainians, especially the residents of Kharkiv, at this difficult moment, which consists in attention, support and participation in the problem that exists in our country. Keep it up ! Thanks again! Peace and blessings to all !!!

@Олександр0  Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us at this tragic and devastating time for your country 

we hope there will soon be a resolution and the fighting will stop. 

Лина80
Level 2
Kharkiv, Ukraine

Hello, I'm Lina, I'm from Ukraine, the war started recently, and I'm trying to find guests to my apartment on airbnb in Kharkiv. 🙏

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Лина80 

We are devastated to see news unfold about the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

While I can appreciate that you have set up a 'listing' with photo's of the invasion to try and generate income during this difficult time, I set up this post to try and help genuine hosts who have been sharing their home or have an apartment  for some time and that we can see they are genuine hosts by their reviews and ratings.

It doesn't appear from your listing that you actually have a property that you list on Airbnb. 

I am sure it is not the case with you, but sadly some unscrupulous people have set up false listings in Ukraine to try and take advantage of hosts and guests who are booking accommodation as a way of getting money to genuine hosts in Ukraine. 

Yes, I'm a new host on airbnb, before the war I just wanted to start renting out my apartment, but after the war started, I had problems with work, and I didn't even have money to buy food, and I found out that airbnb helps people like me to get financial help through renting an apartment. And I changed the photos to be specific in the purpose for which I put up this ad . But really , now there are a lot of scammers who are trying to make money on this , and this is very sad . I just want to be safe and be able to buy food

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Actually the scheme that hosts and guests set up is to help established hosts on Airbnb who we can see are bona fide  Ukrainians. @Лина80 

Sadly anyone can set up a new listing, post war photos and say they are from Ukraine . We have no way of knowing if you or thousands of other new listings which have sprung  up in the last few weeks are genuine sadly .

please hosts and guests who are reading these thread - only donate to hosts with Ukrainian  profiles who have been operating since at least 2021 ( check the listing not when they opened their profile). And donate booked accommodation to hosts with verified ID and reviews and ratings since 2021 . 

Лина80
Level 2
Kharkiv, Ukraine

Нужно подождать 72 часа, пока ваше объявление не начнёт отображаться в поиске, именно столько airbnb закладывают на проверку вашего объявления. 

You have to wait 72 hours for your listing to show up in searches, which is how long airbnb spends to review your listing.

Good day.

Friends, I am from Ukraine, from a small town near Kyiv called Brovary. You all know that our country has now been attacked by Russia. Due to the fighting, my family and I were forced to leave my city and move the family.

I know that the community and caring people are actively helping those who rent out their homes. I have ads for two apartments in Brovary. Maybe you can tell me how to make it as accessible as possible to as many people as possible - there may be those who can help me by booking these apartments (no check-in, because it's dangerous).

Thank you in advance!

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Dmytro36,

You need to contact the Airbnb Foundation at https://www.airbnb.org/.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you want to offer homes to refugee families travelling through Ukraine you can register with Airbnb.org @Dmytro36 

Кира1
Level 2
Kyiv, Ukraine

@Helen3 hello, thank you so much for the help that you provide to us Ukrainians, we appreciate it, and we hope that the war will end soon, Russia vilely attacked Ukraine ...