SUPERHOSTS - HELP OUR FELLOW HOSTS IN UKRAINE SUFFERING FROM THE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF WAR

Answered!
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

SUPERHOSTS - HELP OUR FELLOW HOSTS IN UKRAINE SUFFERING FROM THE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF WAR

I've seen on some FB hosts groups that Superhosts who haven't yet 'spent' their $100 dollar Airbnb reward voucher are booking accommodation with UKRAINE hosts with the voucher.

This means that these hosts will have some guaranteed income  from the vouchers at a time of uncertainty and horror in their lives.

A small gesture from the Airbnb community   that all SH could consider. I will certainly be doing this. 

You can of course cancel at the last minute and the host will still be paid. 

Would Airbnb consider helping hosts in UKRAINE by not charging their fee for any accommodation booking in the country over the next few months @Stephanie  @Nick @Catherine-Powell ????

162 Replies 162

@Serafina2 @Helen3 The criteria I used was a near term booking ( to get the money there quickly) and a home share host (although a whole home host with only 1 listing would work as well). If everyone books near-term then it will effectively share out the money as places get booked up.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I have asked @Catherine-Powell  as Airbnb's lead on hosting if she can organise for Airbnb to help co-ordinate but unfortunately no response so far. 

Willene1
Level 9
Kaleden, Canada

@Helen3. Love this idea. I have just tried to do this using my Superhost credit after choosing an Airbnb in Kyiv however even though my credit covers the entire cost, it is still asking me for a payment method for a zero balance.  Is this normal and what would it be using my payment method for?   Just trying to be safe and not double pay. Thx in advance

Update: Nevermind. Decided to try it and see. It did link my PayPal credit card but it was $0 additional billing. 👍🙏

Here is the reply I received from my “host”. 

BBF8F1AD-50B5-4BB5-9453-0C4537E43563.png

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Both heart-warming and heart-breaking @Willene1 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Great idea. I will do it, too!

@Kentaro-and-Family0 great you are joining. in. Could you also spread the word on any local facebook/Airbnb groups you may be in.

One Kyiv host, on another thread, reports he is using the money to support orphans and wounded Ukranians so even the people being helped are helping others.

@Mike-And-Jane0 Thank you so much for your information. I will spread this all in Japan.

I have been searching the host but it is really difficult to choose one. And I could not find that Kyiv host, could you please help me find that thread?

Thanks a lot!

Kim866
Level 7
Puryear, TN

@Helen3 We did this today and there are no Airbnb charges at all!  Prayers for Ukraine!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Kim866 

If you get a response from the host do post here to help us understand how this scheme is helping hosts in Ukraine. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephanie It would be interesting if Airbnb could give a rough count of bookings in Ukraine over the last week or so. From all the publicity it looks like there has been a lot of activity.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yes, the Hosts have been really incredible! Will see if we can share the latest count soon @Mike-And-Jane0 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines