A new system to hold guests accountable

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

A new system to hold guests accountable

guest-accountability-XL copia.png

When you welcome guests to stay in your space, it’s essential that they respect your home, follow your house rules, communicate promptly if issues arise, and avoid creating a mess. So, we’re introducing ground rules for guests – a new set of enforceable standards that all guests must follow.

If a guest breaks ground rules, they get a warning the first time. If the issues persist, they'll be suspended and, if necessary, permanently removed from Airbnb.

You’ll still be able to write any additional house rules for guests to follow. And if a guest violates any of your house rules, we’ll support you if you need to cancel the reservation early. 

Read more about it on the Resource Center.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

106 Replies 106
Linda-and-Peter0
Level 4
Magaliesburg, South Africa

@James3985 @Shawnee8  

@Cathy170 

@Carolyn693 

It is very disconcerning to read about the frustrations that hosts have with Airbnb.  I feel matter should be addressed by Airbnb founders in an online meeting.  Urgently as hosts are losing faith in the platform.    I also agree that guests who are involved in damaging of property should get a warning on their profile and the next step should be to remove them.  THere has to be consequences for bad behaviour on both sides.  Airbnb is a fantastic platform but their response to these claims is disappointing.  I hope they'll me wrong.

Linda-and-Peter0
Level 4
Magaliesburg, South Africa

@Tami298 

@Rebecca 

It is the first time that I hear of Airbnb forcing a host to give a discount.  Very concerning.  The review system is a very complex matter.  I haven't had similar issues with Airbnb