Airbnb & Minut: Noise prevention support for Hosts

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb & Minut: Noise prevention support for Hosts

B27C0C75-894F-4DE5-95F5-93F9B0EB5DE3.png

Over the past few years, we have launched a series of measures to promote responsible travel on Airbnb and enforce our anti-party stance. We are committed to being good partners to the communities Hosts call home and to supporting efforts to cultivate responsible travel in their neighborhoods while deterring unwanted behavior.

As part of our continuing efforts, Airbnb and property tech company Minut are collaborating to offer Hosts in over 60 countries and regions a free noise sensor and three-month subscription to Minut’s noise and occupancy monitoring service, and to integrate Minut noise alerts into Airbnb’s messaging tool.

Visit the Minut store to get the noise sensor and subscription offer, and find out more about the technology and integration in Minut’s Help Center.

You can read more about this initiative here. Do you already use a noise sensor, or are you planning on getting one?

18 Replies 18

Thank you Emilie,

I appreciate the help. I don’t see how any hosts would or should use a noise monitoring system if hosts follow Airbnb and Minut policy properly, identify the device correctly to guests and then a guest that doesn't read the listing description or guidebook can post a slanderous review saying we have listening devices that we don’t make our guests aware of at booking. 

I unfortunately had a bad feeling about using minut from day one. Having a property that sleep 12 guests it made sense theoretically and I figure of course Airbnb would protect hosts if something like this were to happen. Why wouldn’t Airbnb support respectful hosts ? Isn’t this the image Airbnb wants to portray? 

Apparently not.

@Airbnb  shouldn’t be promoting noise monitoring systems if they don’t support hosts that use them.

as a superhost of many years with thousands of 5 star reviews I urge caution to all hosts thinking about using a noise monitoring system like Minut.

it will leave your listing unbookable and worthless.

it’s better to just let guests throw parties in your properties and disturb communities.  

That’s not a joke. I wish I could go back in time and not order this system.  Again… superhost for 5 years straight.. 37 properties, nearly 3000 reviews 4.95/5 

do not use a noise monitoring system. 

here is what Britney from minut had to say when I reached out. It’s beyond comical.

“Thanks for reaching out!

We are deeply sorry this has happened.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do in this situation. We do not have control over what Guests believe, nor can we intervene with reviews.

We are partnered with Airbnb and our device is allowed to be in Airbnb rentals.

It looks like this Guest was just very unhappy and didn't see your disclaimer. It has nothing to do with the Minut device.”

let me emphasize. 

“IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MINUT”

this is the support you will get… from the people selling you this junk and @Airbnb 

Leo2529
Level 1
Hollywood, FL

What specific wording do you recommend I add to my listing to notify potential guests that I have a Minut monitoring device?  Also, Minut offers a security service that dispatches a security officer to the home after x minutes of noise at a cost of $100.  How should I advise guests that this fee will be billed to them in the event that security is dispatched?

If you are looking for a privacy-friendly Airbnb monitoring device that detects elevated occupancy, smoking, air quality, humidity and temperature in addition to noise, then Alertify is just the device for you.

Alertify will send you instant notifications when transgressions occur and enables you to print violation reports straight from the dashboard, should you need it to claim for damages or hold on to deposits.

Preventing damage to your Airbnb has never been easier.

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines ]

This is so useful, but if you are looking for a device that monitors occupancy, smoking, air quality, temperature and humidity in addition to noise, then consider getting an Alertify device.

Alertify will send you instant notifications when transgressions occur and enables you to print violation reports straight from the dashboard, should you need it to claim for damages or hold on to deposits.

Preventing damage in your Airbnb has never been easier.

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines ]