Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467
Miek0
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

7. In the past, the guests or potential guests were pictured with big pictures. That was nice. Then one can already associate with the image of the person who is coming, get used to that. Also to the name. Now we get one first name, no family name, nor a picture when there is a request. Why so hidden? And I do not want it to be hidden. In the World conference of Airbnb specifically was mentioned that Airbnb is for people for people, have a good experienced with your guests, or hosts. So please be open about who is coming, from where the person is coming (not seen in a pre-approval). Now it is hidden. And the feeling that Airbnb is for people for people is getting lost. The underlying problems become visible in the reservation page becomes visible for hosts and guests. Please return to openness, transparency. Whoever wants to make a booking with Airbnb, is somebody who is willing to show his or her face, and the pace of origin. Request: return to the openness of before. Make pics, names and cities and countries visible already from the beginning as before. 

Miek0
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

8. The left column is very, very unhandy. Here a few examples:
Below the name I can read in case of a pre-approval:
'This guest has 16 hours to book using your pre-approval. These dates will stay available until someone books your place.'
This cost a lot of space. My objection to this presentation is that it is not clearly presented and that I need to scroll again and again... So to simplify, I advice to do the following:
Write: 'This guest has 16 hours to book using your pre-approval' And make this a link. And when opening the link it gives more info:
1. 'These dates will stay available until someone books your place.'
2. Block these dates for other people to make a reservation for the coming 16 hours.
Point 2. must be added. In a previous version, this option was always visible, now it is hidden. or not existent anymore.
3. This making available for other guests to make a reservation button, or blocking this possibility must be available at all times. I might change my mind... If a guest sees that the dates are blocked (can the guest see this?), then guest and host can communicate about it. Once put on one of these possibilities should not imply that you cannot change it. And if I can change it right now, then I have not found the button. please make it easy to use!

Kristi5
Level 9
Washington, United States

YAYAAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! Someone actually listened. 

The review page for guests has been changed and narrowed down to one page for the "star" reviews. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! 

Now ............. Bring back the mini calendar on the reservation page and I won't complain anymore.

Promise. 

Alex1641
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

YES ! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK THE MINI CALENDAR IT WAS EXTREMELY USEFUL TOOL USED ON EVERY NEW INQUIRY WHY OH WHY DID YOU TAKE IT OUT

very confused about pre approved booking. potential guest is asking how much we charge for two nights, after accepting two nights when  our normal minimum is three nights. should air bnb not be telling them this. air bnb are showing three night amount on our reservation request. I have replied to the guest through air bnb and have heard nothing back. Who is responsible for the cost and payment method. Can you help please.

Julie and Steve The Jays Countryside Annexe, Gloucestershire GL7 5SF

Frank51
Level 1
Saskatchewan, Canada

you keep changing lots of things so now I don't know how to get into my owners account.

Chase39
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

Bring back the ability to see guest photos before confirming! 

Miek0
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

9. The left column of the contact page with the guest is unhandy.
So much space between the lines. Just unnecessary. I want to be informed, and relevant information on top, the rest just visible on one page. Also, the lines under Payout are with too much space. There is no need for it. It creates unnecessary scrolling The help topics on the bottom, Just simple clickable lines without spaces in between. And I want to see how many verifications they had gone through. Only Verified is not enough.
Request: Make everything on one page, on one screen visible. Same distances between the lines as in this writing.

Miek0
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

10. In the interaction with the guests, I miss the little calendar. Viewing the calendar now means two clicks. One in seeing the calendar, and one going back to the page. In my case sometimes 2 times one minute. Please bring the calendar back on the left side of the page.

Miek0
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

11. In the interaction with the guests, the button 'call', can be behind the Phone number, instead of above it. This will save space. I would like to see as much info as possible. Every unnecessary space between the lines can be removed.

Judith478
Level 1
Towson, MD

This is new procedure is very helpful.  Thanks!

θελω να ξερω τον αριθμο διβατηριου η το ΑΦΜ και το ονοματεπωνυμο μου ρα ζηταει η ΔΟΥ μου

Art-and-Kadi0
Level 1
Lisbon, Portugal

Before the last update, the App would immediatly synch the bookings with the Google Calendar, with all the details. 

That has been taken away and was very useful for all of us hosts.

Is it possible to have it back, please?
Thank you.

Best regards,

A.

Sheila359
Level 1
Ontario, Canada

I can't seem to offer my guest a Special Price as you claim I should be able to.

Ken89
Level 1
Washington, DC

Regarding the feature "Use a Saved Message": please allow that to be just a link. Otherwise, when I try to use this feature on my phone, I have to do a ton of scrolling down! I have seen others suggest this feature and it seems like a very simple but very useful fix.