New pricing tool compares similar listings nearby

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New pricing tool compares similar listings nearby

comparablelistings.png

For the first time on Airbnb, you can compare your listing to similar listings nearby. A new map gives you instant access to the average prices of listings like yours. It lets you display either booked or unbooked listings for the dates you select. You can use it any time you’re setting or updating your price.

This new pricing tool is among the 25 upgrades for Hosts in the Airbnb 2023 Summer Release. Get Early Access to start using them today. Once you opt in, you won’t be able to go back to the current version. Learn more on the Resource Center.

Have you tried comparing similar listings? Share your experience in the comments below.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

37 Replies 37
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephanie I've tried this one out and it does look very exciting. Most comparisons seem sensible although our 3 bed place was compared to a 2 bed place so its not perfect (but its still really good)

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0, I'm glad to to hear that you find the new pricing tool really good 🙌

I'll pass your feedback regarding the 3 to 2 bed comparison on to the team. 

Thanks again for your feedback on this!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Linda1742
Level 2
Fairford, United Kingdom

Will it be able to select additional facilities in the comparison. Eg, some lodges on our site have hot tubs, I don’t so not comparable. 

James2743
Level 9
Norfolk, United Kingdom

I'm having trouble selecting dates on the app. When I do manage it I can't see an option to compare?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @James2743 , that doesn't sound good! What's the issue are you running into when you're trying to select dates?

Regarding the option to compare, have you opted in for Early Access yet? You need to opt in to start using this feature now, though keep in mind that once you've opted in you can't opt out anymore.

-----

James2743
Level 9
Norfolk, United Kingdom

Hi @Sybe 

I have opted in to the early access and have used some of the features such as check out and they look good.

However the one i really wanted to have a look at is the compare option.

On the calendar it is very difficult to select a date. i can quick touch, long touch swipe etc and nothing seems to select. On a couple of occasions (I've been trying for a couple of hours) it will select a day or a few days. However even then it doesn't give me a compare option.

I get Open and Block night. With a guest total and add note button. But nothing else.

I'll give you a screen shot below.

James2743
Level 9
Norfolk, United Kingdom

D46C243B-E22A-43BE-BF98-8D2E9778B1A1.png

James2743
Level 9
Norfolk, United Kingdom

51D165EE-3CE5-4994-88DA-5DEA952AFE8A.png

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @James2743 ,

Would you mind sharing with us the device model you are using?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

James2743
Level 9
Norfolk, United Kingdom

iPhone SE 2020 running IOS 16.3.1

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sybe I could see the price comparison thing yesterday but not today. Either my intelligence levels have dipped (entirely possible) or it has stopped working!

@Sybe Further to the above - If I highlight 3 days it gives me the price comparison button. If I highlight a week in August it doesnt. I can't believe there isn't data out there for a week's stay in high season so I guess something odd is going on.

Feedback needs to be that the button should always be there but it just says no comparisons found if there is truly no data so that users don't think they have gone mad.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Mike-And-Jane0 Great suggestion as well, I can definitely see how that can help prevent confusion. I'll make sure the team knows!

You can share this feedback about all Airbnb 2023 Summer Release features directly with Airbnb as well through the platform. To do so, go to Early Access in your Hosting menu, select the feature you want to provide feedback for, and click or tap "Share feedback". 😃

-----

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Mike-And-Jane0 Knowing you, I highly doubt it's the former! 😉 What device and firmware version are you using?

@James2743 Thank you for sharing yours as well, I've sent it over to the team now!

-----