We’re testing a fresh new look for your listing

Airbnb
Official Account

We’re testing a fresh new look for your listing

You may have noticed some listings look a little different lately, either within the main listing page or when they show up in search results. That’s because we’re testing a few changes that we hope will make it easier for guests to learn about your space.

What’s being tested?

We’re looking at new ways to display important information to potential guests. Here are some of the changes we’re testing:

• Key details—like title and rating—will be displayed above your photos on the listing page
  • New links will quickly take guests to reviews, photos, and your listing overview
  • Your listing type, title, and price will show up more clearly in the search results page

Why is this test happening?

These changes are intended to help guests find the information they need more easily and to bring more design consistency across the platform. But before we roll them out to all users, we first want to understand how guests are responding—and tests like this are an important part of that feedback process.

Is my listing included in the test?

Most likely, yes, even if you haven’t noticed any changes. Your listing will only feature the updated look for some users (so one guest viewing it might encounter the new design, while another gets the old one).

Will my listing information change?

No. All listing information will stay the same—we’re simply testing a new way of displaying it, one that will give more prominence to the details that matter most.

How long will the test run for?

We’ll be monitoring the impact of these new designs anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to get results.

We know changes to the platform can sometimes be a little jarring, and we’re trying to be better about explaining the “why” behind them. Thank you for your ongoing support, and please let us know if you have any questions or feedback in the comments below.

54 Replies 54
Kumari3
Level 7
Melbourne, Australia

As you’d know, host and guests have been requesting loudly and frequently that reviews return to chronological order so that potential guests have the most recent reviews! This is a simple yet important change. The use of language in the display makes no sense. The most Crescent reviews are the most relevant! PLEASE LISTEN TO US!!!!!

Tyson30
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

My main concern right now is on the back end - I can't see anything on the Progress page! It says I've had 0 earnings, 0 views, 0 ratings, etc. etc., none of which is true. Apparently this is because I'm a co-host? But I also happen to be owner of the property, so I have a right to all this information! And I can find most of it on other pages, but it requires extra hunting and then I have to do all my own calculations. For example, I can see Earnings in various places (Calendar, etc.) but to know the total for the month I'll need to enter each individual booking into a spreadsheet. Why would you make me do that when you have the information and are just hiding it from me for no reason?  

I had read in another forum that I don't see anything in Progress because I'm a co-host but I just talked to AirBnB Support and they don't understand why I can't see anything on the Progress page either (I can see Views on the App but nothing else, and I can't see anything, not even Views, on the website). Hopefully they will fix this soon!

Elizabeth10
Level 10
Fort Wayne, IN

What can you do to ensure

1. They don't put in ONE guest and bring 20? 
  2. House rules are read and understood? 
  3. Space type (ex. I have a guest suite)?   and I'm constantly dealing with pissed off guest because it says ENTIRE PLACE and Guest Suite.   "Oh, I don't want a host on the property.  Please cancel my booking and give me a full refund."  they say 24 hours before arriving.*  (But the again, this is because the guest wants to break house rules (party, illegal drugs or activity) ).  

This is where the priority needs to be  BEFORE the guest completes the booking!  

*They even ignore my welcome message that summarizes the listing disclosures and reminder booking is a contract subject to cancellation policies.  When the guest doesn't read the listing and breaks the house rules - they don't earn the right to leave a review! 

I'm sick and tired of being punished because of  the guest's lack of due diligence and they exact revenge  evident in retaliatory reviews.  Total lack of personal responsibility! 

@Elizabeth10  What could almost totally solve this problem is if hosts were allowed to have a little questionnaire with say, 5 questions, specific to their listings. The guest would have to answer the questions correctly before they could move on to IB or send a booking request. "Is this an entire home, a private room listing, or a self-contained unit where the host lives?" "How many guests are the maximum allowed for this listing?" "Is a washing machine a listed amenity for this listing?" To simplify it, it could be multiple choice, or True/False. Each host would come up with their own questions, as each host has had issues with guests not understanding different things.

It would eliminate a lot of assumptions and frustrations and time spent dealing with inappropriate bookings, both from the guest and the host side.

Sarah's suggestion is interesting and a good idea. Airbnb seriously needs to make listings more transparent so guests understand what they are actually booking and what is expected of them. I am not saying this only as a host . . . But when I am searching as a guest. 

Simple fixes:

- The guest count should default to zero so a guest has to take responsibility for the number they select. If the booking comes through as 0 guests, the host will know to question it and start the conversation. 

- House rules should be in a more prominent place on the listing page. Not at the bottom of the screen. In addition, displayed at the top of the listing page (underneath the title) should be little icons . .  a no smoking symbol, a pets/no pets symbol, a limited amenities symbol, a child friendly symbol, etc. 

- 'Entire Home' is not the same thing as Private guest suite, entire apartment, Treehouse, etc. Again, clear icons so the guest knows exactly what they are booking. If the listing is for an apartment, Airbnb should not include the word 'home,' change it to 'Private Space'

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Emilia42  Excellent points you raise.

@AirbnbThere are icons for Africa in Reviews & Amenities so why not include a No Smoking Icon under House Rules?

Jeff89
Level 7
Sydney, Australia

Whilst you’re experimenting with features that many hosts don’t think are important for bookings or for attracting the appropriate guests for their properties, why don’t you also consider these more useful enhancements for Plus listings, such as:

• Display “Rare Find” when appropriate on Plus listings like other listings that appear more easily available than many Plus properties
  • Display “This place is getting a lot of attention. It’s been viewed x times in the past week” on Plus listings
  • Make reservation easier on Plus sites by displaying the calendar without pressing Reserve button to potential guests can play around with dates selection before reserving.  Plus sites no not have a visible calendar so more mouse clicks are required to play around with dates.  The “Reserve” button without visible calendar can give the impression that dates are not changeable at an early stage and price differences between dates selected cannot be as easily seen
  • Enable Plus hosts to load a few pictures that can be denoted as unverified, as furnishings and detail often change. ABnB’s photographic department prefer old and non-current photos to be posted on the platform as verified (which is misleading) and they refuse to allow the scheduling of authorised photographers for photo shoot updates, or for Plus listing hosts to submit professionally taken photographs that are obviously taken in the listing property as old and new photographs can be compared for validation.

And to enable all hosts easier management of their calendars and minimum stay durations:

• Do not consolidate date ranges for minimum night stays for contiguous date ranges, as many hosts keep date ranges separate to more easily change minimum days stay in groups of dates. The consolidation of date ranges was done a few months ago and is not useful at all.  It now takes longer to alter the minimum nights stay when required which is usually as the dates approach;
  • Display the list of date ranges for minimum stays by ascending date order so they can be more easily managed or missing date ranges more easily identified
  • Highlight the next available “to” date in the calendar that is not already included in the date ranges specified and highlight other dates not specified like other platforms have done do to help hosts.manage the calendar
  • Provide a new feature to enable hosts to automatically specify 4 or 5 minimum nights stay groupings  based on current date  - for example  7 days away - 1 night,  14 days away 3 nights minimum, 30 days away 4 nights min stay , 60 days away 5 nights min stay , 90 days away - 10 nights min stay - all user definable by hosts in availability settings.  These would then be a default unless dates are specifically denoted in the date ranged minimum stay in Availability/Trip details.  Current Trip details minimum stay by date and Rule sets would over-ride all as these could contain special holiday periods with different minimum night stay. 
  • Make the rule sets more useful by specifying day & month in the date fields operating every year (not just days of week), so annual dates like NYE, Christmas, special holidays, high and low seasons,  can be specified by day and month ranges with minimum nights stay and price adjustments.  These would just role over each year perpetually
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

"......—we’re simply testing a new way of displaying it, one that will give more prominence to the details that matter most." 

That's not true. The house rules are still well hidden.....etc etc etc. There are no improvements of substance. There is a ton of useful and valuable feedback on this thread, all being ignored.

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

It looks great!