Official Account

Your feedback inspired the 2024 Summer Release

2024 Summer Release.png

The 2024 Summer Release includes upgrades you’ve asked for to help you:

• Simplify communication with guests.
  • Get a better look at your earnings.
  • Know more about who you’re hosting.
  • Reorder photos in your photo tour. 

Communication: The Messages tab totally redesigns the inbox, putting all your hosting, traveling, and support messages in one place. You’ll be able to filter and search across messages, have a group conversation with every guest who joins a trip, react to messages with emojis, and answer guests’ questions more efficiently with AI-suggested quick replies.

Communication .gif

Earnings: The enhanced earnings dashboard includes interactive charts that show your earnings by month, year, and listing, and offers more details on prior years and future projections. A new reporting hub makes it easy to download monthly and yearly reports, including breakdowns by listing or payout method. 

Earnings.gif

Guest profiles: Guests who book or join a trip will be prompted to create a more complete profile. Our new profile setup includes guided photo capture for better profile photos. It also prompts guests to add more details about themselves, so you get a better sense of who’s coming to stay.

Guest Profiles.png

Photo tour: The Listings tab now includes the ability to reorder listing photos within rooms. This was the top request from Hosts for the photo tour.

Photo Tour .png

The Messages tab and enhanced earnings dashboard are available when you enroll in Early Access. The photo tour upgrade is out now, and guest profiles are available to all guests. 

Find out how Early Access works and how to share feedback

Which upgrade will be most helpful for your hosting business? 

Learn more about what’s in the 2024 Summer Release:

72 Replies 72
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Guy991,

I just wanted to come back to you regarding the way messages are displayed. We are actively working to resolve it and expect the update to start rolling out as early as next week. We will update next week to confirm. 

As always, we appreciate your feedback! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Shelley159
Level 2
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Thank you for regularly upgrading the Airbnb host tools! 

I've been holding thumbs that we will be given the ability to mark "no check-in" and "no check-out" days on our host calendar. Presently we can restrict movement on a specific day of the week, but this is not nearly as helpful as being able to choose specific days on the calendar (for example, I may be able to check guests in every Tuesday, except next Tuesday). For me, being able to restrict check-ins on specific days would be the ultimate host upgrade! Is this an update that is in the pipeline at all?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Shelley159 , thank you for sharing your suggestions with us about having the ability to mark "no check-in" and "no check-out" days on our Host calendar. It would be definitely interesting for Hosts to have that feature. While I pass on your ideas to Airbnb teams,  I'd also recommend that you share your wonderful suggestions directly through Airbnb's Feedback Form.

There's also a guide shared by Host Joan about customizing the calendar, in case it helps : 

- Use Pro Tools to Set Calendar Custom Pricing & Trip Length

How to Use Pro Tools & Rule Sets to Create a Custom Date Range for Check-in/Checkout & Min Stay 

In the meantime, have you explored the new features from 2024 Summer Release? We look forward to hearing your experience with it!

-----

@Shelley159  it is possible if you use professional tools on airbnb

Which upgrade will be most helpful for your hosting business? 

Bring back an old airbnb sound. New "bip" is impossible to hear and it became the main reason for my late replays to guests.

Hi @Branka-and-Silvia0 , thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and experience with the new notification sound and am sorry to hear how it's impacted you. Based on feedback from Hosts, Airbnb recently changed the type of notification sound that plays when Host's receive a message and the volume remains the same.

However, I'll be sure to share your feedback and experience in the meantime with the Airbnb teams😊. Have you explored the other updates yet that have been shared above? 

-----

@Bhumika  yes, we all know Airbnb changed the sound.... that's what I am talking about, the new sound sucks!

Thank you so much for the tip about professional tools - I was not aware and this will make my life infinitely easier!

@Shelley159 You can do this already albeit its a bit clunky. With pro tools switched on you just apply a ruleset to say a particular mon/tues/wed saying no checkin on Tuesday.

Thank you so much - I was not aware and this will make my life infinitely easier!

Thank you!  Many guest profiles are questionable, having no pictures of guest but instead any image of something that certainly is not a picture.  

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Federico705,

It's great to hear that you find the guest profile upgrades useful 😊

Have you explored any other updates yet? I would love to hear your thoughts.

-----

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Airbnb  Could we please just have the original app alert tone back? Nobody ever supplied a good reason for why it was changed in the first place, and it seems to me to be a very easy fix to just reinstate it. 

Again, why was it changed? I can't imagine a valid reason.

It's a sound. Why is one sound better than another? There's wasn't a problem with it to begin with. It's part of your brand, so why remove it? 

Te0
Level 3
Sandy, UT

We have been bugged by scammers a lot recently - mostly new accounts from China with empty bio, no location, not even ID info. Gladly it has been easy to identify so far. But they're RUINING this platform.

Can Airbnb actually REQUIRE (not only "encourage") guests to fill in some of these BASIC info? Or let us choose who can send us requests? - E.g. When they want to book, they're reminded the missing info that we require.

We'd love to host even brand new guests, we don't care what they look like (surely they need to provide a standard profile photo), but we absolutely hate to deal with scammers. Please respect our time and protect us by reducing our risks.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Te0  👋

Thank you for taking the time to ask a question and send us your feedback. 

Profile information is optional. But we encourage guests to complete their profiles, so Hosts can learn a little more about them. Guest profiles also help Hosts to provide tips and tailored hospitality for a better, more personalised stay.

Having a complete profile helps build trust on Airbnb.  We’ll ask guests to create or add to their profiles when they book a reservation, join a trip, or request to book an Icon stay. Guests can edit their profiles at any time from the Account page on desktop or the Profile tab on mobile. Guests requesting to book an Icon stay will need to add a profile photo and details such as their location, language, at least three interests, and at least one answer to a question about themselves.

Please let me know if this answers your question about Guest Profiles and if you'd like any further support. 

-----

Thanks for your reply Rebecca. Glad to know that Airbnb is considering different options, but frankly, it is not enough. We started hosting many years ago, but most of those concerns still stand today.

You mentioned the requirement for Icon stays - why not all stays? Or let the hosts have the option to require interested guests to fill in that information, so they don't have to ask them every single time, not to mention these guests normally don't response to message until right before they show up? IMO it's the daily, normal hosts that really need this feature, rather than the high profile Icon stays.

Looking forward to some changes!