ACCOUNT SUSPENDED UNFAIR

ACCOUNT SUSPENDED UNFAIR

I never had any bad reviews as a guest or host until in 2016 i hosted a woman who stayed at my place in Libreville gabon in Africa with her 2 or 3 kids . I am was managing my listing from distance as I live in France i am myself a Gabonese woman , African woman . This guest broken lamps or her kids damaged some lamps and she was already not wanting to pay for that lamps , refusing to communicate regarding the issue , at this time Air Cover was not as today days . After long attempts to talk with her she finally communicated with me and I asked to resolve the lamps broken issue , she declined the resolution through airbnb , we where arguing and fighting by texts i must admit i don’t know what seemed racist or discriminatory in my words but The guest Checked out as planned and filled a complaint on airbnb against me . Airbnb said I am a racist and discriminatory person . I am African and a woman myself, so if I am discriminating people why I have been hosting close to 50 person from all around the world with good reviews before that guest ? Airbnb are always on the guest sides and don’t check enough the data or past hosts reviews before to make a decision. Airbnb suspended since my account . In 2021 after several years i tried to open another account with my same name and it worked and fit a year with the new account i used it to travel as a guest and hosted sometimes , i do admit that i ended up having 2 account with one suspended then a one day also the new account went suspended . Since now 2021 i can not host , in 2023 we opened a str business with my husband and he added me as co host but this one too went out down . In meanwhile since the first suspension i have been of course calling 300 time airbnb but they keep telling me that I am racist and discriminatory.  I want to be able to host against i really enjoy decoration and hospitality, my listing was the most luxurious in Libreville . …. Just with one guest everything changed . What hurt the most is judging me to be racist and discriminatory without knowing me and what i fight for and stand for in this life for human rights and diversity as being a black woman . I hosted a black woman who accuse another black woman to be racist . A decision based on 1 and only 1 claim and the only claim in my account . THERE IS ANY WAY TO APPEAL IT ? Any way I can get back my account and host again or at least to be a guest again ? 

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Farelle-Christine0 ! Hope you're doing well! 🌻

Since you posted a few days ago, just wanted to check in if have you reached out to the Customer Support again in this regards?

We've also shared this with the relevant teams to have a closer look at your situation .  

Hope this concern and misunderstanding is resolved for you soon!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I hope the team can take a look at my situation as well. The employee for this department would not even try to reason with me and says the decison is final and i am done for with airbnb. Please advise. 

David964
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I am in the same boat for calling a guest who called me the b word that she was ** and also told me that i should be shot dead in which i called her ghetto. My account is suspended as of May and i am at a loss for words. i have upload my listings else and hoping to be ok from this incident. The only thing i can offer you is going through arbitration. Have your case ready by having all the relevant information and explain your ordeal to the arbitration. It is cheaper than getting a lawyer and i wouldnt advise it because Mr Schaefer from Traverse legal did not want me to spend 15k to get my account back. Do message me on facebook LA ROOMS so we can talk more about this situation, I would like to know what steps you have taken to get your account back as a host etc etc. I hope the best for you. I was a host for 8 years and a super host. Ive bent over backwards and forward to be a good host and because i had an incident back in 2021, this new incident got me fired from airbnb. i will be fine i think. You will be as well. 

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines