Address Inacuracy

Gareth155
Level 1
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom

Address Inacuracy

We regularly have guests getting lost when they come to stay with us. This is generally because they have used a satnav, and most mapping software appears to have us in the wrong location, despite our house having stood in the same location for over 300 years. Due to this, we advise not to use satnav in our listing, and I message all guests the day before arrival to remind them of this.

Despite this, we still get guest marking us down as having an inaccurate listing, because the address is "wrong". Does anyone else have this issue, and if so, how have you resolved it. The house is shown correctly on Airbnb's site and on google maps, so it isn't a problem with this.

2 Replies 2
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Gareth155,

I recommend that you take a screenshot of the Google maps graphic and post it as one of the listing pictures, and add a photo description/comment that tells guests not to use SATNavs directions, and that you will provide accurate directions after booking is made. Just be sure that your picture doesn't show your specific street address if there is one.

This example, is the map for directions from the main road to my guesthouse.

Wrong Map.JPG

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gareth155 depending on the sat nav used the postcode sends people to the end of our lane or to a field about a mile away as the postcode area is very large.

As a result detailed instructions are sent by message to every guest as soon as we know which direction they are coming from. Some still get lost as they 'didn't read the directions'!