Air Calendar and settings

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

Air Calendar and settings

I may have always had this problem, but didn't notice it until a week ago when a guest had a date change.

My settings in AirBnB are to not accept rentals that are less than 7 days away.  I do not, by choice, have the same limitations on other platforms. 

I have a December rental from another site.  This guest requested an earlier arrival which I should be able to accommodate.  However, when I went to the other website and tried to edit the booking, I was unable to do so because the linked AirBnB calendar blocked me as the change was within the next 7 days.  It took me several hours to unlink the calendars, force updates, make the change and reapply the links and synchronization.

While I appreciate that AirBnB will not allow guests to book on their site within the next 7 days, I should be able to add and adjust bookings that come from other websites/sources on those websites during that period.   Perhaps I want my cake and to eat it too?

4 Replies 4

@Lorna170  This is one of the settings in your calendar. You make the choice in your calendar. Click the filters icon top right then under availability you can choose same day, 1,2,3 or 7 days advance notice. 

@Marianne89  She already has that setting as 7 days. That's not her issue. Her issue is that the 7 day advance notice setting on Airbnb is blocking her calendar on the other booking site she uses.

@Sarah977 @Lorna170   I apologize for misunderstanding, thanks for correcting me. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

UPDATE:  This problem continues.  I now have a moving 7 day block coming from the AirBnB calendar that is affecting my other OTA calendars.  I have to disconnect the AirBnB calendar synchronization in order to get any other calendars to allow booking amendments, adjustments or other notes.  Very time consuming, and I am probably going to turn the synchronization off and conduct manual updates.  

Why do they keep messing around with the programming?