AirBnb Calendar never adds bookings from Google Calendar.

Answered!

AirBnb Calendar never adds bookings from Google Calendar.

We keep a Google calendar for our non-Airbnb bookings, but for some reason even though we've added the iCal link to Airbnb the Airbnb calendar never shows anything from the Google calendar.  It doesn't block out dates, which means I have to manually block dates on Airbnb every time there's a booking or a change.  I've re-added the calendar, clicked the sync button about a million times, and waited for days but still nothing.  Is there something special we need to be adding to the calendar event?  Is there a weird google workspace setting that we need to change?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Best Answer

@Sybe  thank you for your response, however none of it was at all helpful with the issue I was having. Please refrain from referring other users to the guide from 7 years ago, as it is quite out of date - the Google Calendar UI has completely changed, and the built in "How to find the calendar address" within the Import Calendar menu in the listing is easier to follow and more up to date. 

For the reference of anyone who has this issue in the future, Google Workspace only shares free / busy calendar information to users outside the organization by default, and Airbnb requires it to be set to share more information for some unknown reason. This doesn't seem to be documented anywhere within the help article  referenced by @Sybe .

To change this setting an administrator of the Google Workspace will have to log in to admin.google.com and go to Apps > Google Workspace > Settings for Calendar > General Settings and under General Settings change "External sharing options for secondary calendars" from the default "Only free/busy information (hide event details)" to at least "Share all information, but outsiders cannot change calendars".

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Cameron321 ! I found the following on syncing your Airbnb calendar with others, perhaps that could provide some answers: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/99. Google calendar doesn't automatically sync and manual refresh is required for your bookings to show.

There's also a topic on syncing your Airbnb calendar with Google calendar. It's already an older topic from 2016 but it may just have what you need to solve your issue. You can find the topic here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Cafe/Syncing-Airbnb-Calendar-and-Google-Calendar-A-Com...

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Sybe  thank you for your response, however none of it was at all helpful with the issue I was having. Please refrain from referring other users to the guide from 7 years ago, as it is quite out of date - the Google Calendar UI has completely changed, and the built in "How to find the calendar address" within the Import Calendar menu in the listing is easier to follow and more up to date. 

For the reference of anyone who has this issue in the future, Google Workspace only shares free / busy calendar information to users outside the organization by default, and Airbnb requires it to be set to share more information for some unknown reason. This doesn't seem to be documented anywhere within the help article  referenced by @Sybe .

To change this setting an administrator of the Google Workspace will have to log in to admin.google.com and go to Apps > Google Workspace > Settings for Calendar > General Settings and under General Settings change "External sharing options for secondary calendars" from the default "Only free/busy information (hide event details)" to at least "Share all information, but outsiders cannot change calendars".