Airbnb is Refusing to Pay me for my Services

Rubin23
Level 2
Singaperumal Koil, India

Airbnb is Refusing to Pay me for my Services

Subject - I'm a host on Airbnb and I haven't been able to receive my payout for 3 months and I have been constantly pushed around by your Support Ambassadors for around 2 months.

My name is Rubin ** and I'm a host on Airbnb and have hosted a place in India, I'm not a commercial host, just a family trying to help people by renting my place for staying as it is near a college and a growing commercial area. 

We use the services of Airbnb to advertise our place and make it known that It is available for renting and we get quite a few customers looking for a place for a few days for their children's admission or for a job listing they're applying to.

Now coming back to the topic, I listed my place on Airbnb and we started getting guests. We hosted them well and we were aware that the payments are handled by Airbnb. Now after hosting these guests, we added all our tax document information as well as verified all the details of my account, and then we added a bank account to start receiving our payments. Now the entire process takes about 4-5 working days. We waited and noticed that 1 day prior to receiving the funds in our bank account, we received an error that says  "Can't process payouts. Remove and try adding again."

We were confused and did what the error said but the same error kept occurring again and again, so we tried 4 different accounts and the same error kept happening. Then unable to understand the error, we reached out to your customer service.

To summarize the experience with customer service - I talked to 30+ different Support Ambassadors over a span of 2 months and had to explain the entire situation, again and again, every time and then after wasting 2 or 3 days of my time, I would always get a message saying  "Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue. I'm forwarding your inquiry to a member of our team who can better assist you. They'll be getting in touch with you soon. In the meantime, please feel free to respond to this message with any further questions or concerns."

To top it off, the clever customer service people noticed that this case has stayed open for too long so they closed the case without my permission and opened a new one and defended the action by saying that the case has been merged with a specialized team so it had to be done.

I'm really disappointed and at a loss for words as I feel like I have been robbed of my hard work hosting guests with a smile and fulfilling their needs and keeping them happy.

I hope you can look into this matter further, I'll be sharing my profile link as well, and do let me know what additional data you would require to look into this further.

Thank You
Rubin **

**[Personal information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]
10 Replies 10
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Rubin23 i am not really sure the issue here rubin but it sounds like you have hosted guests 'before ' adding the airbnb platform , which is impossible . Please look at the dashboard and check everything again and try not to change anything unecessarily. Look to see if all of your 'transactions ' and bookings are on the dash board and if your 'guests ' paid Airbnb. If that is all in order then check the reservation number and open a case for each reservation separately , using the oldest first.Good Luck... H

@Rubin23 We are hosts here Rubin , this is the community centre.. H

Rubin23
Level 2
Singaperumal Koil, India

I think there is some confusion, I'd like to clarify, I haven't hosted before adding an Airbnb listing but what I meant is I have hosted before adding a payout method, which is possible. Please read through my message carefully, the guests have made the payment successfully to Airbnb and it shows up in my "transactions" tab as well... But the problem is that the funds are not being able to transfer to my bank account and it keeps getting the error I mentioned above.

@Rubin23 Hello Rubin , once again Rubin I can only advise as I am not customer service . This is the community centre. This is in fact your own mistake as far as  I can tell from what you say. I am not sure how or why you began hosting without having an account in place.Are you also aware that first time hosts must wait often one month to receive their first payouts. This added to the need for your payouts to richocet back and forth from these various accounts will probably account for the time thus being taken . Please become more familiar with you own dashboard ... H

Rubin23
Level 2
Singaperumal Koil, India

@Helen744 

With Respect Mrs. Helen,

I am not blaming you or the community for this and I'm seeking help here from the community.

I am sorry if any of my replies sound rude but I did not mean it that way.

I once again ask you to please understand my situation and I'm clarifying a few things.

1 - No I did not begin hosting my place without having an account.

2 - By account, I meant my bank account.

3 - I have waited for the one-month period already.

Now let me clarify the situation in detail,

I had a spare room that I wanted to host so I made a listing on Airbnb and got my profile verified and went through all the procedures. I hosted my guests through Airbnb, who arrived, stayed, made the payment directly to Airbnb, which shows up in my "transactions" tab. Now after hosting 3 or 4 guests during the (one-month waiting period) I added a payout method (which is my bank account where I'll be receiving the money) The bank account takes 2 days to verify the details, after the verification, the payment is being sent and the transaction takes 4 days to reach my account but on the 3rd day, it somehow fails and I get an error saying "Can't process payouts. Remove and try adding again." which doesn't help no matter how many times I remove and add again.

Hope this was helpful in understanding the situation.

@Rubin23 you will need to go back to CS for the answer I suspect Rubin . Maybe @Mike-And-Jane0  or another host can assist ... H

Rubin23
Level 2
Singaperumal Koil, India

Thanks for suggesting that, Unfortunately, the CS is just wasting my time, I have been running around in circles with the CS for 2 months and after I explain my entire case to one CS agent, they transfer my case to another person to whom I have to explain the whole situation again, who after inspecting my account for a few days, does the same. At this point, they are not even replying to me in the CS chat after pushing me around from agent to agent for 2 months... I'm really confused about what to do here, almost 100$ worth of payment is pending in the account which is not being sent to me and I'm really sad that I'm unable to find a method to approach that is why I created a thread asking the community for help in a desperate measure.

@Rubin23 . Rubin we have no access to your account , your transactions or your reservations . As I said before , start a chat with CS and concentrate only on dealing with that reservation.One at a time and check in your account section if your bank account is as you say . Do not change it because that will create more problems .Are you still hosting ?.. H

Rubin23
Level 2
Singaperumal Koil, India

Okay, thanks.

Don't know what to do when CS plans to ignore me.

Yes, I'm still hosting, and accepting guests which keeps stacking up money that I'm unable to receive in my bank account.

Anyways Thanks for all the help.

I'll figure something out,

In the meantime, if anyone faced a similar issue, could help me with how they solved it.

Thanks, Community.

Hello brother I've read your story and I am just shocked and disappointed to find out that I am not the only one in that situation. In my case, it has been over a month and I'm already of explaining the same issue over and over again to 50+ customer support team. This thing really drains me, for real. I'm done with Airbnb after this, I just want my money now.