BASIC QUESTIONS

Gary1108
Level 2
Powhatan, VA

BASIC QUESTIONS

I AM THINKING ABOUT BECOMING A HOST AND MY HOUSE HAS SEVERAL ROOMS AVAILABLE.  CAN THEY ALL BE LISTED INDER ONE LISTING OR DOES EACH ROOM HAVE TO HAVE IT'S POWN LISTING?  I WOULD LKE THE POTENTIAL CLIENTS VIEW THE DIFFERENT ROOMS (AND PRICES) UNDER ONE LISTING.  GARY. IN VIRGINIA

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Gary1108 

You need to create a listing for each room, as each room will have its own booking calender.

You can also create a listing for a combination of rooms (or even all rooms), to attract larger groups of guests, but then you need to link the calenders.

Al your listings will be shown in your profile or on your homepage:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/25148900/listings

Thank you for the info.  I suspected that would be the answer. My house has 2 levels with 2 rooms on each level.  the possibilities are; 1) rent one room,  2)rent a whole floor (2 rooms) or 3) rent both floors (4 rooms).   So 3 listings?    I hope that doesn't sound too complicated!  You say the rooms could all be linked thru one calendar? Is that hard to do?   Do you know if there is a listing similar to what I am proposing?   Gary

@Gary1108 

Do you know if there is a listing similar to what I am proposing?   Gary

Best you search through airbnb in your area then you will see your competition. 

You can make a listing with any combination you like, 

Once we had 10 rooms small resort, I did all separate rooms then I made one for 6 rooms for groups.

You can play around with it, once you see what works for you,

I had a 3 bedroom villa that had a bedroom on the ground floor, so I had 2 listings, one for 3 beds and one for 2 beds just had to lock that 3rd bedroom

@Gary1108  I have a listing that is vaguely similar. one of my listings has 3 offerings: rent just the King room for 2 people max, or rent the other option which is 2-6 people using up to 3 rooms. I did this because I was getting very annoyed with 2 people booking and using 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms, and the only solution really was to allow this, but charge more. So now I have a base rate for 2 people, plus another $50p/p after that. And I have a third option which is for wedding prep groups to book the whole place and use the space for prep, and get late checkout.  linking the calendars is easy.