Blocking check in dates

Blocking check in dates

I cannot do same day check out/check ins.  I am able to block off a check out day once a booking has been made but not the check in day, for example if someone is checking in on the 2nd and out on the 5th, I can block the remainder of the 5th so no one else can check in.  But if someone wants to book to check out on the 2nd (which I cannot have, they would need to check out on the 1st), I cannot block the 2nd as its already been booked for check in.  And if I block the 1st wont that mean no one can book it to check out on the 1st so I'll lose a whole day?

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kerri-Ann3  You don't have to manually block a day or 2 between reservations- that is in your Availability settings. It's called Preparation Time. If you want a day between reservations, set it to "Block one day before and after a reservation. I know that makes it sound like it would block 2 days, one after and one before the next booking, but it doesn't. It blocks 1 day between bookings.

You also might want to set Advance Notice (also in availability settings) to one or two days, so you don't get people trying to make a same-day or day-before booking.

I suggest you spend some time familiarizing yourself with all the settings on your hosting pages. Just click on stuff and see where it takes you and what comes up.