Bodily Fluid Guest

Bodily Fluid Guest

We just had  a guest who left feces on toilet seat, wall, and bathroom rug.  The guest than tried to hid the rug in a laundry hamper with used towels on top of it. The bathroom was removed trashed immediately. After cleaning in living room are found feces on area rug. I Was able to remove stain and sanitize living rooom rug. However the bathroom rug was a complete loss.We are new to hosting and unsure what is the best way to approach this regarding review and security deposit. We have opted not message For fear  of tipping of a retaliatory review. I understand security deposits must be submitted before next guest arrives. Will that process tip them off before them leaving a review for us. This is our third guest so we don’t have a lot of reviews for our property.

5 Replies 5
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Stacy364 

Clean it up and move on you will get worse than that, women having periods in the bed,

Not worth getting airbnb involved,

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry it is not at all the same as women having periods and accidently staining bedding @Sudsrung0 

This guest left faeces on the wall and bathroom walls and as well at the bathroom rug and compounded this by trying to hide the evidence.

@Stacy364  please leave an honest review I agree with @Lorna170 's advice.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Helen3 

And living room rug as well. How on earth did it get there?

@Stacy364 

Was there a pet staying, or just humans?

No pets that we are aware of. Pretty sure it was a person because of where it was on toilet seat as well. Lady messaged back saying it was her child and they hid it from them.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Stacy364 

First, there is no security deposit unless you took one separately.

Second, the loss of the bathroom rug should be a small amount, and that can go into your cost of doing business expenses. I designate a certain amount of rental dollars for replacement costs.  It is not worth asking AirBnB or the guest for reimbursement of nominal costs.  It won't be paid.

Thirdly, be honest in your review of the guest and do not fear a retaliatory review.  Your review cannot mention the feces, but you can state that the guest was not sanitary and left your property in deplorable condition.  This guest may leave an ugly review, but generally they rant so much that other guests will "see the crazy" and ignore it.  Prospective hosts will appreciate your honest appraisal of the guest.