Building regulations

Building regulations

Hi, 

hope all is well, just a quick question, I'm looking to host on Airbnb, we have a barn building that we are looking to host, everything is in place I just wanted to know if we need building regulations? 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Anu7035 Oh dear - It may be a bit late to ask now as actually you might need planning permission, will almost certainly need building regs as well PLUS a fire risk assessment for short term rental (STR) that usually means fire protective measures in excess of what are needed for normal long term rental.

You will also need an insurance policy that allows STR and possible the permission of your mortgage company if you have one.

I am assuming you are in England by the way!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Anu7035 ! Hope you've found Mike's suggestions useful. How are you progressing with planning your listing?

I also wanted to share a few articles that may help with a general idea about what regulations may apply to a Host while Hosting : Click here to read.

Hope it helps!🌻 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Building regs in the UK is something you look into before you start a build rather than once the building is complete and ready to host @Anu7035 

I would suggest you follow @Mike-And-Jane0  useful advice .