Calendar availability

Answered!
Vivian1468
Level 2
Titusville, FL

Calendar availability

Hi, can anyone tell me why my calendar sometimes shows available days after I have blocked the whole month?  I only have the first 2 weeks in July available for bookings and blocked the days after for the next 3 months.  However I periodically check to make sure they are still blocked only to find several days in Sept have been changed to allow a booking.  This has happened now 4 times with different days in September indicating they are available and each time I select those days to block them again. I'm afraid that someone will want to book a day that is meant to be blocked and that was blocked.  I have taken screenshots of when I block the whole month of Sept and then when I see days miraculously unblocked.  Why do I continue to have to reblock different days for the month of Sept.  Seems strange that it's always been in the month of Sept.  I will not be in town for the month of Sept and do not want any bookings, so should I just unlist it for that time period? Appreciate the feedback.

1 Best Answer

Hi @Vivian1468 

This is difficult to diagnose unless we are able to see all your calendar availability settings. I saw you are not on instant book, so even if a guest tries to book these dates you want blocked, they have to send you an inquiry/request to book and can't automatically book those dates. In your situation, I would set your calendar availability to "unavailable by default." This will block all dates until you manually open them. All the other options are a "rolling calendar" which automatically opens dates depending on what you have set. If you set 3 months, then the system will automatically open another date up 3 months from today as each day passes:

Joan2709_0-1719587749151.png

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @Vivian1468 

This is difficult to diagnose unless we are able to see all your calendar availability settings. I saw you are not on instant book, so even if a guest tries to book these dates you want blocked, they have to send you an inquiry/request to book and can't automatically book those dates. In your situation, I would set your calendar availability to "unavailable by default." This will block all dates until you manually open them. All the other options are a "rolling calendar" which automatically opens dates depending on what you have set. If you set 3 months, then the system will automatically open another date up 3 months from today as each day passes:

Joan2709_0-1719587749151.png

Thank you Joan2709, today I saw that days in Oct were available when I had previously blocked it.  I even had the snooze days activated from July 15 to Jan 5, so I thought that would solve the issue.  I took screenshots of the days in Oct and then changed my availability to " dates unavailable by default" as you suggested I do.  Miraculously when I went to check the calendar again the available dates in Oct were blocked, so I think your suggestion may have worked.   At the very least, instant book is set to "off" and if I get an inquiry I will have to decline.  Much appreciated your help!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Vivian1468, thank you for posting this in our community.

Joan, one of our experienced Hosts, has shared her advice. Have you considered setting your calendar to unavailable by default, as she suggested?

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad