Calendar blocking

Answered!
Penny441
Level 2
Eugene, OR

Calendar blocking

Can I permanently block a specific month?  We plan to use our property every March, and don't want to risk someone else booking it.

My calendar is set to make dates available 12 months out.  Can I override the 12 month rule?  I would have accepted a request to book a month, but it wasn't allowed as it was two weeks before the 12 month window opened.

1 Best Answer

Hi @Penny441 

Unfortunately, Airbnb removed the ability to block dates outside your availability window in the Summer 2023 Release on the regular calendar. The only way to do that now is to turn on Pro Tools and use the multicalendar to manually block dates outside your default availability window. All hosts can use Pro Tools now (the help articles still say you need more than 6 listings but that is incorrect). Here is a Guide on how to turn on Pro Tools and use the multicalendar:

Use Pro Tools & The Multicalendar

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

Once you turn on Pro Tools, go to the multicalendar, select the dates you want to block and choose "blocked". It will look like this:

Block Multicalendar.png

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

Yes, simply block out the dates in the calendar.  Takes 2 minutes.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Penny441

I'm going to tag our lovely host @Joan2709 to see if she can provide some insights regarding blocking out your calendar.

Last year she created this guide called: "Use Pro Tools to Set Calendar Custom Pricing & Trip Length - 2023 Summer Release." I'd recommend giving it a read as you may find it useful 😊

Best wishes,
Sophia 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Penny441 

Unfortunately, Airbnb removed the ability to block dates outside your availability window in the Summer 2023 Release on the regular calendar. The only way to do that now is to turn on Pro Tools and use the multicalendar to manually block dates outside your default availability window. All hosts can use Pro Tools now (the help articles still say you need more than 6 listings but that is incorrect). Here is a Guide on how to turn on Pro Tools and use the multicalendar:

Use Pro Tools & The Multicalendar

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

Once you turn on Pro Tools, go to the multicalendar, select the dates you want to block and choose "blocked". It will look like this:

Block Multicalendar.png