Calendar is view only

Answered!
Patricia1083
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Calendar is view only

Hi, I have turned off my external channel manager but stil cannot edit my Airbnb calendar. Receive error below:

This calendar is view only
You can view prices and availability on your calendar, but editing is only available using your property management software.

1 Best Answer
Patricia1083
Level 2

Thanks so much, this worked for me, there was a 3rd party who had access, presumably HostHub in the background, so have removed their access and now my calendar is open

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Patricia1083,

I am reaching out @Pat271 to see if they have any insights on how to solve this.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Patricia1083  You can try looking under Account/Privacy & Sharing/Connected Services to see if there are any services still connected to your listing. If so, select Remove Access.

If there aren’t any services listed, you can try clearing your cache if you’re using a browser, and rebooting your device. You can also try closing/reopening your listing.

@Patricia1083 The first part is exactly my first thought on possibly fixing it. 

Another thing to check out:

Depending on what PMS you were using even if it is "turned off" it could still technically be integrated with that PMS.  while back we changed from one PMS to another and had some issues where it was saying that it was still being managed by another system. We had a heck of a time getting the original PMS completely shut down and removing the integration with the first PMS. 

@Alicia753  Just for my own future reference, was there anything specific you did to finally get the first PMS disconnected?

@Pat271 When we were preparing to chang our listings over to the new PMS we had first removed the integrations from the first PMS and then did the Account/Privacy & Sharing/Connected Services steps in Airbnb. That is when we had run into the same kind of issue that the OP mentioned. After tech support from all three companies were unable to help we reconnected everything and basically did the aforementioned steps but in reverse. For some reason that seems to work for most of the listings. The strange part was not for all of them. It was a frustrating game of disconnect / reconnect / disconnect. 

Patricia1083
Level 2

I had cancelled my HostHub account but they still had remote control in the background. I found and removed this at the Airbnb end and now it is working

Thanks

Patricia1083
Level 2

Thanks so much, this worked for me, there was a 3rd party who had access, presumably HostHub in the background, so have removed their access and now my calendar is open

Excellent - glad that cleared the connection.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hey @Patricia1083 ,

Did you get a chance to try out the suggestions from both @Alicia753 and @Pat271? (Thank you both! 😊)

Please give us an update on whether your calendar is working fine now. But if you're still facing any issues, please share some screenshots here so that I can get in touch with the technical support team.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

How do I TURN off or remove 3rd PARTY access to my calendar so I can block my calendar dates and not have a limit on my account?