Cancellations

Answered!
Matthew1646
Level 2
Gettysburg, PA

Cancellations

I have had three major bookings cancel on me this summer. All three were for at least a week and much of the income I was looking to generate this summer. My cancellation policy is flexible right now. My question is what is the best cancellation policy? Will changing it cut down on bookings? I have lost thousands of dollars because of people cancelling on me. Are there different settings I can use for extended stays?

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Matthew1646  I've used strict since I started eight years ago and have plenty of booking. Only use flexible if you find it easy to get last minute replacement bookings. 

if you offer a flexible cancellation policy you always risk people doing last minute cancellations.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

We have a Strict policy. 
We have had many bookings with this Strict policy in place. We figure why block our rental and leave us unrented, if the guest changes their mind! 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Matthew1646  I've used strict since I started eight years ago and have plenty of booking. Only use flexible if you find it easy to get last minute replacement bookings. 

if you offer a flexible cancellation policy you always risk people doing last minute cancellations.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Matthew1646 It really doesnt matter if a stricter policy reduces your bookings. At least those bookings you get are more secure.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

The more liberal the cancellation policy is the more is subject to chance.