Cannot find Contact Host button?

Answered!
Niraj16
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Cannot find Contact Host button?

Hello,

I logged this issue on Anaplan support but not getting much luck.

I am interested in booking a couple of flats but the Contact Host button is not visible. Co incidentally both these properties are owned by the same person/company.

On other properties I can see a Contact Host button.

The property does show up as available on the dates I choose. Even if I select other dates, same issue. I can't for my life think why this is the case. Screenshot attached for 4 links.

Same issue on both browsers of my laptop, App, my neighbours laptop so it can't a PC related issue. My suspect is whether the contact details of the owners exist on AirBnB system?

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Niraj16 ,

No worries! I have moved your post to the wider and related board. Also, I shall connect with the technical team to look into this. Can you send the link of the listing you are trying to contact?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Niraj16
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Can someone please move to Help section?
I tried posting there but I get an error "Cannot post to a Read only section"

Sorry

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Niraj16 ,

No worries! I have moved your post to the wider and related board. Also, I shall connect with the technical team to look into this. Can you send the link of the listing you are trying to contact?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Niraj16 wrote:

My suspect is whether the contact details of the owners exist on AirBnB system?

@Niraj16 That would be very odd. I don't think a host can list a property without filling in their contact details. Really not sure what the glitch is here. Even if the host had settings that prevented you from booking with them (i.e. some have a setting that guests must have a profile photo), you should still be able to message the host. Anyway, try adding a profile photo and see if that changes anything. 

Also, I don't see any screenshots in your post.

Niraj16
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

ScreenshotScreenshot

Niraj16
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Added a profile photo yet no 'Contact host' button.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Niraj16 

I didn't think that would work (because you were just trying to contact rather than book), but that it was worth a shot.

It's certainly very weird. Hopefully the technical team @Bhumika is connecting you with will help, but what did Airbnb support tell you when you contacted them?

Niraj16
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Finally Airbnb support contacted me. They said there is an issue with the owners which they are not allowed to disclose.

Does this sound right?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Niraj16 

I see that you have two reviews on your profile. Recently, a host was posting about a problem on her listing, in that it was only allowing guests with three or more reviews to book, which is not what she had chosen.

I thought this was just a glitch, but then today I read another host posting that they had selected this option, so I believe it is something new that Airbnb have introduced. Apparently, if you do this, the contact host button will be disabled for guests with less than three reviews. 

It seems very likely to me that this is what has happened.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Niraj16 actually, scrap that explanation. I have just found out that 3 x reviews requirement is for new hosts, for their first booking only and I can see the hosts you are talking about have lots of reviews...