CouplesBeachGetaway

Bronwyn102
Level 2
Highlands, NJ

CouplesBeachGetaway

Hi, I've been at this for 2 years now and having a great time.  I have a private entrance guest suite and also rent a bedroom in my shared home.  I'm considering listing the house for long stays while I'm away.  I'm not getting many bites. Penny for your thoughts? It's a modest little beach house.  Thinking maybe I need to upgrade furniture? Would love to hear back some thoughts or advise. Thanks< Bronwyn

3 Replies 3

Hi @Bronwyn102 

It sounds like you're doing a great job hosting with Airbnb! Considering your setup and interest in long-term stays, here are a few thoughts and tips that might help you attract more guests:

1. Highlight the Benefits of Your Location: Since it's a beach house, make sure your listing emphasizes the proximity to the beach and any local attractions. Highlight any seasonal activities or events that might appeal to long-term guests.

2. Upgrade Furnishings Strategically: Since it's a modest beach house, consider upgrading a few key pieces of furniture to make the space more inviting and functional, especially for long stays. Comfortable seating, a good-quality bed, and practical kitchen amenities can make a big difference. You don’t have to overhaul everything—just focus on what will most enhance the guest experience.

3. Professional Photos: If you haven’t already, consider investing in professional photography to really showcase the space and its charm. Good lighting and well-staged photos can significantly boost your listing’s appeal.

4. Flexible and Competitive Pricing: Ensure your pricing is competitive for the area and the type of accommodation you’re offering. For long-term stays, consider offering discounts which can be more appealing to guests looking to stay for longer periods.

5. Highlight Unique Features: Does your beach house have any unique features or charming quirks? Maybe there's a great sunset view from the balcony, or you've got a hammock perfect for afternoon naps. These little details can be very appealing in your listing.

6. Update Your Listing Description: Make sure your listing description is up-to-date and clearly communicates the benefits of choosing your house for a long-term stay. Mention any recent upgrades or amenities specifically beneficial for longer stays, like a well-equipped kitchen, laundry facilities, or a dedicated workspace.

7. Reviews and Communication: Continue to leverage positive reviews and respond promptly to inquiries. Guests often look for responsive and helpful hosts, especially for longer stays.

8. Marketing Outside Airbnb: Consider using other platforms or local forums where potential long-term renters might look for accommodations, like social media groups or local classifieds.

These steps can help you maximize the appeal of your listing and attract more long-term guests. Sometimes, a few tweaks can make a big difference in how your property is perceived online. 

I hope this helps and good luck!

All the best,

Upfish Management

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Bronwyn102 

I would suggest maybe look at what the competition for the market your targeting is..  I believe that is the rate couples expect to pay in that area, but I usually see beautiful 1 bedroom condos, with moonlight patios that entice a get away.  Two Guests have rented because family nearby and they say great things about you but that always makes me worry did nothing about my rental stick in their mind so they come  back and refer to olthers..

Here is a thought.  A couple with 1 or 2 small children.  You don't have to unlock another bedroom.  We use to do this in Hawaii, where houses are very small.  Amazon has what we used common in Hawaii Foldable Futons.  Very easy folds up in 3 sections making a foam cube we would store behind the sofa orf in a closet.  Easier for Guests then a sleep sofa\.  We had the deck and a tv in  the bedroom for the parents so the kids sleepin g in the living room was not an issue.  

Thank you for great ideas …. I’ll look up  the child foldable futons and maybe chg name of listing, debating… thanks again 🤗✌️