Critique my Listing - Fort Myers Florida

David9860
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

Critique my Listing - Fort Myers Florida

Hello everyone, my name is David Aleman. I am currently a STR host in Fort Myers Florida hosting a room called the Gulf Coast Getaway. it has come to my attention that I have not been performing well these past two months, and I am not sure why. I think it might be because I have gotten a lot 4-star reviews recently and lost my super host status. It is really hard to find direction on how to improve the listing because many of these reviews don't really show anything negative about the listing itself, and actually are pretty positive or neutrally positive. The photos of the listing were taken with a professional photographer given to me by Airbnb. I try to analyze the market and match the prices within my area. I am just worried that I am going to not book as well as I have in the past during this part of the season. I will put the link to my listing here. If anyone can take a look at what I can do to better optimize my listing, please let me know what you recommend. 

Link:  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/835440802419551766?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=e2049e61-fd93... 

2 Replies 2

Hi David,

Overall, your listing is impressive!

However, small enhancements could help attract even more bookings:

1. Amenities: Detailing the available amenities could significantly enhance guest interest. For instance, if guests have access to the kitchen, clarify what specific appliances and cookware are available for their use. Adding photos of the kitchen setup, along with descriptions of the items in each image, can visually communicate the value of your offering.

2. Reviews: While you cannot control the content of guest reviews, you can influence their occurrence. I recommend encouraging guests to leave a review, particularly if they've expressed satisfaction with their stay. Be proactive in responding to these reviews to demonstrate your commitment to guest satisfaction and continual improvement.

3. Pricing: Ensure your pricing remains competitive but also reflects the quality and amenities of your accommodation. Be transparent about any additional fees or deposits required, informing guests upfront to prevent any surprises.

4. Local Information: Enhance your listing by including detailed information about the local area. Recommendations for dining, attractions, and transportation tips can greatly improve the overall guest experience and assist in their planning.

5. House Rules: Clearly articulate the house rules to minimize misunderstandings. Ensure these are reasonable and communicated effectively in your listing to set the right expectations.

These focused improvements can make your listing even more appealing and help increase your booking rate.

I hope this helps 🙂

All the best,

Upfish Management

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@David9860  This is not AI generated nonsense, it's a real person responding.

Many of your reviews mention paper-thin walls, so guests are hearing the sounds of your family in the home. While you can't tip-toe around every time you have a guest, you can be very candid about the environment in your home, who lives there with you, and what the guest might expect to experience during a stay. Tell them how many people live in the home. 

Perhaps establish quiet hours that you and your family and the guest must adhere to. That is the cost of hosting on AirBnB. 

Several guests mentioned an air vent in the room, which carries sound and smells (apparently.)

Your cleanliness ratings have also taken a hit. You have to have everything sparkling clean for guests- that's a top priority. Whoever is doing the cleaning for you needs to up their game. One guest mentioned that the common area was messy. Keep everything clean and organized when guests are staying. 

Last, you've hardly used the "about this space" section. You have several sentences telling guests how wonderful your space and the surrounding area is, but no real details about your home. 

Use that space to describe where the room is in the house, what areas guests have access to, etc. 

Can they use the kitchen? The washer and dryer? There's little to no information in your listing. 

These things are the fundamentals of a good listing, and frankly, I'm surprised that you've gotten as many guests as you have. It's a big unknown, and I would not book it if I had to contact the host to have basic questions answered. 

Also, I don't recommend "encouraging" guests to leave reviews. It's one of those 'be careful what you wish for" situations. Let them happen organically, or not at all. 

You seem to have the desire to improve, so please accept this advice as well intended, and good luck moving forward.